New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malamig talaga dahil sa mga siberian winds blown our way. nagyelo nga sa mt. province eh... there are unconfirmed reports that the temperature hit -1 deg C over there. sa baguio naman, mga 6-8 deg C.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nag frost nga daw yung mga tanim na vegetables sa benguet, kaya malamang tataas ang price ng mga vegetables dahil maraming nasira sa frost.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    sarap matulog these past few days.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    INOM!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta View Post
    sarap matulog these past few days.
    Kaso bago matulog kailangan muna magfile ng leave or mag sick leave kunwari. hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Aba malamig pala dyan ngayon. Dito naman sa Anaheim it gets as cold as 8 deg C, unusually cold rin yon dito. High na nga ngayon is 20 deg C, low is 3 tonight. Sabi nga ng wife ko sa Manila malamig nga ngayon compared before.

In Rex Navarette's words, I must pack (up)tonight

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It is considered an El Nino year. Malibu CA got some snow a couple of weeks ago. During the same timeframe, we had a record 3 inches of snow on the ground. Too bad it all melted the next day.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The desert is known for extreme temperatures though. When we went to Zzyzx near Las Vegas, it was spring and the temps were cool. Then when night came, the winds made the cold temps a bit harder to conduct experiments outdoors (biology field trip). Needless to say, our results were off

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    o nga eh... kahit walang fan... open windows lang, sarap matulog.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    The desert is known for extreme temperatures though. When we went to Zzyzx near Las Vegas, it was spring and the temps were cool. Then when night came, the winds made the cold temps a bit harder to conduct experiments outdoors (biology field trip). Needless to say, our results were off
    There's about 3500ft-4000ft+ difference in elevation between west of the Sierra Nevadas and east over the "Great Basin" where Las Vegas is. Just that alone makes Las Vegas colder in winter. That whole Great Basin cools down a lot in winter, especially with High pressure and clear skies. Low temps in winter often drop to the teens and single digits Farenheit, say 5F which is around -15C. Once that whole region is cool, the temperature difference between the Great Basin and the LA basin causes the Santa Ana winds to form (winds flow from cold to warm), They then get funneled along that gap in the southern Sierra Nevadas which amplify the winds even more. Your profile says you're from Anaheim. So you've seen how wicked those Santa Ana winds are.

Add: I had the same problem traveling from Sacramento to Reno or Fallon NV. It'd be balmy in Sacramento (mid-80's) and I'm wearing shorts. By the time I get to NV (3hr drive), the temps are down to the 60's and I'm freezing. Aww. Now, I have another flashback......

Here, I just arrived from Sacramento. In the pic, I look "maporma". In reality, I have goosebumps all over my legs. I'm cowering from the cold and screaming at my uncle to hurry up and take the pic so I can go inside. My uncle was deliberately being slow too just to prolong my agony. That smile on the photo was the best I could manage I guess it was obvious I wasn't happy....
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 3rd, 2007 at 12:41 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Is it really cold outside? or its just me?