New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    im about to buy some car parts for my personal consumption
    my questions are:

1) when the seller says he would ship the items here to the philippines not via fed ex dhl door to door so it would be cheaper does it means i have to pick it up thru the pier?

2)do i have to pay taxes? if yes, at around how many percent?

3) the goods would weigh approx 50 - 55 kilos any one know the going rate if i would have this thru door to door via dpex or dhl

someone please advice me on this

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i wanna ask that too, since i am planning on getting rotors that'll cost about $500 and i dunno how much tax it'll be. i got a package (model kits) kasi last time around that was less than $50, my sister (she picked it up kasi nakapambahay lang ako and i didn't wanna go out of the car) was told na they'll have to charge tax na if the value was above $50 aside from the indicated 30pesos service fee.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    1. yes, door to door means your forwarder clears all the necessary paperworks, all you have to do is pay the proper taxes and ibang fees para ma release. Pag hindi door to door, ikaw maglalakad nun, babayad ka arastre, stevedoring at iba pang port fees, tas pag naka bayaran mo papunta warehouse, kailangan mo bayaran ang proper taxes at iba pang fees para ma release.

mas maganda may forwarder pag may sablay sa papeles, forwarder mo marunong pasikot sikot at mag lagay. pag ikaw, baka iiyak ka lang pag na inspect ang pinadala sayo at bawal pala pinadala sayo. Doble doble lagay gawin mo.

2. depende, like usual case kagaya ng cellfone, worth 8k ang cellfone, binayaran ng tax around 2.5k. depende sa customs valuation. minsan 100% pa nga.

3. hehe,araguy, to give you a sa airfrieght idea, yung 20kg na box dimension nya around 16 inch x 16inch x 12 inch galing US, umabot ng 20k, tas wala pa taxes yan, pag pinickup mo sa airport yan, sisingil ka pa ng tax ulit,

pag barko, Volume ang measurement nila, by cubic meter,

like kung galing dito pa Pinas 1 cubic meter punta LA, around 15k ang shipping charge palang, pag dating dun sa LA, iba pa yung taxes at iba pang fees dagdag na bayaran mo.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    what if i told the seller to under declare the good or state that it is for sample purposes

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not just have someone send it by door-to-door service (NOT dhl/fedex/ups/etc). yung filipino door-to-door services. meron na yan kahit saan sa mundo. mura lang yan, 1 balibayan box will not even cost $100. wala pa tax. saan ba galing? US? UK? Canada? dami door-to-door services dun shipping to PI. wala ka relatives/friends na pwede dun i-ship ng vendor tapos yung relative/friend mo na lang mag-send via door-to-door?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    agree with yebo.. pwde ipa door to door na yan mula sa States.. daming Pinoy na gumagawa na nun.. any relatives that can help you out? malaking tulong yun.

kung wwala. get hold of a accredited Forwarder. mahal masyado pag FedEx. they'll handle everything for you.. ang labanan dyan is to fit it into a cubic meter para sukat.. tapos magpalaman ka na kagad ng ibang items para swak dun.

we used to do this business in Manila before. ngayon tigil muna.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    if door-to-door, balikbayan or similar box, non commercial quantity, personal use only then you may escape the tax on this. daming pinoy gumagawa nito

ang alam ko sa balikbayan box ay no matter what the weight is, a flat rate charge applies. kaya lang nga, matagal

nag ship ako dati at umabot ng 6 months before dumating. kaya lang, hindi heavy traffic yung route unlike the US-Philippines route kaya siguro natagalan

however, it does not mean na hindi pa rin busisihin ng customs ito. depende na yan kung gaano ka galing yung forwarder mo at ang agents/principal nila dito sa manila or other philippine port of entry

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    d best is ibalikbayan box nyo nalang, kahit umabot mg 60days since sea frienght, ok lang, la na taxes unlike fedex n other forwarders, declare mo pa n subject to local taxes pa pagdating. but mabilis namn. max 1 week.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    sir yebo/ dehadista : kung pwede nga lang may may pakisuyuan para mas sigurado kaya lang wala

the location is in thailand im getting some parts para sa sasakyan ko
    i guess magtatanong tanong na lang muna ako

anyway thanks guys sa reply

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    better door to door. we had a turbo kit once sent not door to door, friend had to pay 20k for taxes alone, this was already discounted if not more pa.

questions on importing