New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    dutch national buong pagmamalaki na sinabi sa akin: in netherdalands, you are not even allowed to shoot a robber inside your house.

ako nakangisi: you, mean... you will beg to the robber just to go away?

dutch national: that's the right thing to do!

hehehe, i would not be surprised if they even invite the robber to have ***! what do you expect from a country where protitution is legal, where 13 years is the age of consent, where there are reserved park benches where drug addicts can inject morphine and snort cocaine in broad daylight, and where the government protects the most vicious criminals from extradition. only in the netherlands!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    hehehe, i would not be surprised if they even invite the robber to have ***! what do you expect from a country where protitution is legal, where 13 years is the age of consent, where there are reserved park benches where drug addicts can inject morphine and snort cocaine in broad daylight, and where the government protects the most vicious criminals from extradition. only in the netherlands!
    Kaya don ang tatago si Joma Sison hahaha

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the ruling makes sense to me

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    true. shempre if a crazed person's already heading for you with a bladed weapon, do you still fire a warning shot? good luck if you're given the second chance to really fire at him after your warning shot.

that goes without saying na the shot should be to bring down the attacker, pero in those cases, nothing's for sure.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pano kung riot? d na pede mag-warning shot.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    kailangan maging detalyado ang rule nato at briefing sa mga otoridad,,4 mos. ago dyan sa proj. 6 tinamaan pinsan ko ng stray bullet -dead on spot from pulis naghahabol ng magnanakaw, ang tanong gaano ba kadelikado un magnanakaw bat ganto ang response ng pulis, o kaya kulang sa kaalaman sa kanyang profession....we need justice.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by backbone
    ....we need justice.
    We need justice, and law enforcers who are competent in all aspects of their chosen profession.

They should be excellent shooters, above average martial artists, physically fit, and thoroughly proficient in legal matters so that crooks cannot escape prosecution just because of some technicality like not being read their Miranda rights. Did I mention that they should be men and women of integrity too who are highly incorruptible --for all this to happen we really need to raise our cops' salaries, they have families too you know.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    all supreme court decisions have to be read and understood in its entirety. you cannot just isolate the dispositive portion (the part that gives the ruling on the case) and then take this as the general rule

as always, all supreme court decisions are made with the particular facts of the case on hand.

in this case, the supreme court, rightly or wrongly, made a judgement as to the lack of the need of a warning shot.

i would be interested in reading the full text of this decision and find out more. paki post naman ang title ng case and date of the decision

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    true. shempre if a crazed person's already heading for you with a bladed weapon, do you still fire a warning shot? good luck if you're given the second chance to really fire at him after your warning shot.

that goes without saying na the shot should be to bring down the attacker, pero in those cases, nothing's for sure.
    no sir...

lalo kung crazed person.... remember yong sharp shooter na pulis? Sabi ng mga taga human rights: exhaust all means to disarm the person, kung nag-naglabas pa lang ng bolo, at wala pang tinamaan na tao, di pa raw pwede barilin.

heard this on a policeman, who responded a call -- madedemanda pa ako, tigil pa sweldo ko... they just followed the crazy bolo-welding person, hanggang napagod at sumuko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the key words in nugundam93's post "headingfor you" and "attacker". i think there is already a definite immediate threat here. while you can't shoot a robber running away, you definitely can shoot one that is going after you, irregardless of whether that attacker is armed or unarmed. why pwede kahit unarmed? because you will not stop to ask him first if he has a black belt in karatedo that's why.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Pulis 'di kailangang mag-warning shot --Supreme Court