New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    'Pugad Baboy' cartoonist Pol Medina, fired by PDI, smells a 'consPIGracy'

MANILA - The Philippine Daily Inquirer (PDI) has fired Pol Medina Jr., the creator of the hugely popular Pugad Baboy comic strip.

Rival newspaper Philippine Star said Medina was booted out allegedly because of his comic strip that appeared on June 4 issue about a ***ist comment about students from an exclusive girls' school that got the ire of netizens.

"On Tuesday's issue of Pugad Baboy, created by cartoonist Apolonio 'Pol' Medina, Jr., two women were talking about the supposed hypocrisy of Christians for condemning gays and lesbians, and condoning homo***uality among female students in exclusive schools at the same time," the Star said.

However, Medina had a different account of the events that led to his firing.

"If you zoom in on that particular strip that got me fired, you'll see that the strip first appeared in MARCH. No reaction then. It was reissued after i made a series of anti-marcos strips, then BOOM! nag-trending sa twitter. interesting. I smell a consPIGracy..." Medina said in his Facebook page.

Prior to this June issue, Medina published a strip where the main characters of Pugad Baboy denounced Martial Law, despite its creator being 100 percent Ilocano and his father being a airforce general Ilocano at that.
    LINK: 'Pugad Baboy' cartoonist Pol Medina, fired by PDI, smells a 'consPIGracy' - InterAksyon.com

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    obvious naman ano nangyari

Medina offended st. scho

st. scho has heavy connections

some big shot calls up PDI

tanggal si Medina

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Time to stop browsing inquirer.net.

:D

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Na pansin ata ng mga taga CBCP at nagreklamo... Tinakot di bibigyan ng eternal salvation mga PDI.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    medina lipat ka sa Bulgar.......

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    medina lipat ka sa Bulgar.......
    sa Rappler nalang, T-bird yung kanilang editor...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Romualdez pala ung CEO ng PDI (Sandy Prieto-Romualdez). How is she related to Imelda?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i don't think Pol Medina will have any trouble getting another job.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

In the meantime, tambay muna siya sa tsikot...

19.4K:tomato:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde naman sisante, suspended lang daw

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
'Pugad Baboy' cartoonist Pol Medina, fired by PDI, smells a 'consPIGracy'