2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkaboy
    totoo? and teletubbies?
    spawn of satan = teletubbies

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    How about being shot when you don't get converted?

Protestants? Simple... the arrival of the Americans... since Spain cannot anymore dictate the choice of religion of the people...
    So our religions are imposed by foreigners. If a superior foreign force were to occupy the Philippines again and demand we worship... SQUIDS for example eventually people will abandon what they believe in and start worshiping SQUIDS. Only in rare sets of people do you see them stick to there religious beliefs even if it means they will die.

St Lorenzo Ruiz is one example of someone dying for one's beliefs. Si Lapu-Lapu also killed to protect his way of life.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    So our religions are imposed by foreigners. If a superior foreign force were to occupy the Philippines again and demand we worship... SQUIDS for example eventually people will abandon what they believe in and start worshiping SQUIDS. Only in rare sets of people do you see them stick to there religious beliefs even if it means they will die.

St Lorenzo Ruiz is one example of someone dying for one's beliefs. Si Lapu-Lapu also killed to protect his way of life.
    YUP. Though that is before (heck that was hundreds of years ago). For today, it is up to you if you want to worship SQUIDS when someone invades us. :bwahaha:

Btw, Americans didn't coerce Filipinos to Protestantism. If they did, we wouldn't be predominantly Catholic right now.

Right now you can a wide variety of choices... from the traditional Roman Catholic to the more controversial Ang Dating Daan...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sabi na nga ba there's something evil with the teletubbies nung pinapanood ko sila para bang i want to commit a crime. :bwahaha:

Anong squids? joke lang ba yan? hehehe Yeah kanya kanya na lang kung mag stistick ka pa sa beliefs mo pag nagkataong may baril na sa ulo mo. hehehe Pero sa palagay ko, sa panahong ngayon, that can't be possible anymore.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka lang..... teletubbies? as in sila tinkie winkie, lala, poe, dipsy? = spawn of satan? how come?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    Anong squids? :) joke lang ba yan? hehehe Yeah kanya kanya na lang kung mag stistick ka pa sa beliefs mo pag nagkataong may baril na sa ulo mo. hehehe Pero sa palagay ko, sa panahong ngayon, that can't be possible anymore.
    I was trying to figure out an animal that no one to my knowledge worships or finds offensive. If I were to use cows or elephans a lot of Hindus would be offended. If I were to use pigs or dogs a lot of Muslims will be offended.

People forcing others to convert does still happen. :)

Google for teletubbies and satan. Daming lalabas na result. :)
    Last edited by OTO; April 11th, 2005 at 01:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ahhh gets po. i thought it was an acronym or something. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    di ba yung mga prediction niya eh parang mga tula na maraming pwedeng interpretation?..so parang naniniwala ka lang sa horoscope..huwag mong sabihin na lahat ng mga gemini..eh "will get to travel and find someone new..etc." in a given date.. so therefore i conclude for entertainment purposes lang ang mga predictions na yan..
    Horoscopes "predict" nothing but completely random natural events that occur every once in a while in our everyday lives. You know, "today is the perfect day to meet someone new, find love, make significant progress in your career", etc. et al. Or maybe other less positive stuff such as "stay away from a friend who's a [zodiac sign] for [period of time]", "be cautious about spending large amounts of money", "right now might not be the best time to travel"...

If you analyze horoscope predictions carefully, you'd find that most of them are largely random and ambiguous. You'd be surprised at how "accurately" one certain horoscope predicted a certain event (even MULTIPLE events) in a span of time. Personally, I've had a daily newspaper horoscope predict a certain "unforseen fluke event" within +/- 1 day, and "times of financial burden" within +/- 1 week. But I could apply the same "prediction" to hundreds of different events during my short (for now) 16-year life.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Malay niyo, Nostradamus also saw the arrival of the teletubbies.
    ha ha ha...di ko mapigilang matawa dito he he

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Prophecy of Nostradamus