New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Yesterday, I had my interview in the US Embassy for the renewal of my visa. I was just really surprised on how some people dress-up during the interview. Merong naka tsinelas lang and maong pants, yung iba naman naka spaghetti strap, tapos yung iba naman parang pupunta sa party. Meron ding a few good men and women na naka kurbata or naka business attire.

Ako, I wore a suit para presentable naman at palagay ko it really does matter. Pag harap mo pa lang dun sa consul at nakita na nya how you dress-up and carry yourself, wala na masyado tanung tanong. Two to three questions and thats it; you're granted a visa!

It's just a pity on how some people take for granted how they look during these interviews when in fact, I believe that it matters a lot and diba nga first impressions last?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Smart Casual lang would do. Just look nice and neat that's it.
    Whether mabigyan ka ng visa or ma-denied ka, mabango ka pa rin sa paningin, he, he, he.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    +1 on that!

Kami ng family ko, we really did dress up in business attire when me and my sister applied for a US Visa, while my mom was renewing hers. Natapat pa kme sa consul na lahat ng dumaan sa kanya ay reject. She looked at us, asked my sister a few questions and that's it! Wala pa kming 5 mins during the interview.

I forgot to mention, napansin ko din yun na maraming di maayos ang suot during the interview. Yung tipong parang magma-mall lang. Ayun, reject halos silang lahat!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Basta dapat mukha kang kagalang-galang at may datung para maniwala sila na pupunta ka lang talaga sa Tate para mamasyal at di para gatasan ang kanilang Land of Milk and Honey.;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Yesterday, I had my interview in the US Embassy for the renewal of my visa. I was just really surprised on how some people dress-up during the interview. Merong naka tsinelas lang and maong pants, yung iba naman naka spaghetti strap, tapos yung iba naman parang pupunta sa party. Meron ding a few good men and women na naka kurbata or naka business attire.

Ako, I wore a suit para presentable naman at palagay ko it really does matter. Pag harap mo pa lang dun sa consul at nakita na nya how you dress-up and carry yourself, wala na masyado tanung tanong. Two to three questions and thats it; you're granted a visa!

It's just a pity on how some people take for granted how they look during these interviews when in fact, I believe that it matters a lot and diba nga first impressions last?
    It's just smart casual for me when I had my interview at the US Embassy. Got a 10 yr visa.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I do not remember now what I exactly wore during my initial (US) embassy interview. I am quite certain though that I was in business attire (long sleeves, but no tie nor suit)....

Succeeding renewal is through a drop box....

3707:seesaw:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red07
    Smart Casual lang would do. Just look nice and neat that's it.
    +1 on this. IMO, dressing to the nines can never increase the possibibility of being granted a visa.

Years ago, a relative of mine went to the US embassy for his and his family's visa interviews. Dressed in all their expensive glory, they made sure that they projected themselves in an...affluent manner. Their line of thinking was "If the consul sees that we have money, then they won't think that we would be a flight risk so they would give us a visa." To be sure, the brought all their bank account statements, diplomas, citations, land titles and copies of the scholastic records of their three kids.

They were denied visas.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    once lang ako nag apply for US Visa...denied....smart casual lang suot ko...para sa akin depende na lang talaga sa consul na matatapatan mo....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I went there using my usual office uniform, a short sleeved white barong. May katabi ako naka suit and nauna sa akin. While being interview, I thought he had a good enough reason to go (he was speaking loudly) but he was denied. That scared me a lot kasi kung ganoon na kahigpit sila, paano na ako.

I just showed my car registration, employment papers and credit card statement, ayun, approved. Got me thinking probably luck is involved also.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sa totoo nga, sabi rin nga sa akin nung isang Delbros staff (courier ng embassy) na kahit nga mga ibang mamayaman na dedeny ng visa!
    Yung iba atang mga consul eh "bad hair day" or di kaya me "PMS" kaya naku malas mo lang pag dun ka nga natapat! (hehehehehe)
    But did you know, statistics show that your convincing power on a person especially on interviews are stronger between 11am to 2pm? I just can't recall kung san ko nabasa pero parang totoo nga ata! (hehehehe)
    But then again, tama nga yung smart casual... No need to overdress or under dress naman diba?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Proper Attire During Embassy Interviews