New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    People have to understand that when people are hungry, walang batas batas or kaayusan na iniisip yan. All that they want is to ease that pain in their abdomen and that of their languishing family.

Kung magd-distribute ka ng relief goods, lalo na sa mga tao na ilang araw na hindi kumakain, you'll literally get mobbed.

Kaya ako, I'll personally help sa rebuilding ng mga bahay through GK (Gawad Kalinga / Habitat for Humanity). So I can offer free Manpower (and my experience na rin sa construction since yun talaga ang business ng family namin). Tsaka wala naman akong free millions that I can donate.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hate to say this but kung wala talangang pinaaralan, huwag na umasa ng disiplina etc...

Theft, vandalism in school used as temporary shelter
    By Dona Pazzibugan, Marlon Ramos
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 23:48:00 10/07/2009

MANILA, Philippines – Although the destruction caused by tropical storm “Ondoy” has turned hundreds of ordinary people into heroes, there are some who have chosen to “act like beasts.”
    Social Welfare Secretary Esperanza Cabral criticized Wednesday some flood victims for what she described as their “less than human” behavior as she recounted a story told to her by Muntinlupa Mayor Aldrin San Pedro about one of the schools in his city which was being used as an evacuation center.
    Classes resumed at the school on Monday although some 1,000 families remain on campus.
    Cabral said San Pedro told her that they had to post guards at the school’s toilets after several students were robbed by some men while they were using the facilities.
    The robbers then eluded arrest by mingling with evacuees.
    “Gawain ba iyan ng matinong tao [Is that the act of a decent human being]? That’s less than human,” said Cabral who attended a forum organized by the Philippine College of Physicians.
    “Someone should remind them [that] they’re not the only victims. They should not use this situation as an excuse to act like beasts,” she added.
    The Philippine Daily Inquirer called up San Pedro who confirmed the robbery incidents. However, he declined to identify the school where these took place.
    He said that before the school was turned into an evacuation area, its officials padlocked one of the buildings on campus as a precaution.
    The principal later told San Pedro that when they conducted an inspection in preparation for the resumption of classes on Monday, they found out that someone had forcibly opened all the classrooms in the building.
    They were even more dismayed when they discovered that the classrooms had been turned by evacuees into toilets.
    In addition, someone had stolen eight of the building’s 10 ceiling fans.
    Worse, robbers had forcibly opened teachers’ tables and stolen the money in their drawers.
    “The principal was very upset. I told her that the city government would pay back the money that was stolen from the teachers,” San Pedro told the Inquirer.
    Cabral, meanwhile, noted that some people have been taking advantage of the situation caused by Ondoy by jacking up the prices of essential commodities like bottled water.
    “It is plain that there are certain conditions where government will not be able to do everything,” Cabral admitted.
    She said that government relief efforts being spearheaded by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) were not enough to reach as many affected families in the soonest possible time

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Parang zombie na umarte ung iba sa mga yan. Kaya kami pinadala nalang namin ung mga binigay. We were just being true to ourselves, baka mamaya instead makatulong kami pa humingi ng tulong.

Ung kay Mel di ko alam kung ano gusto nyang mangyari, baka ginagaya lang si Willie. Kasi alam ko ganyan din ginawa nya dahil pag bumaba pa ng konti ung chopper hinahangin ung mga nasa baba so ginagawa nila binabato nalang.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I hate to say this but kung wala talangang pinaaralan, huwag na umasa ng disiplina etc...
    Sa mga taong asal hayup, dapat sa Manila zoo, Malabon zoo, at sa ibang zoo ang relocation center nila...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Don't Distribute Relief Goods Yourself
    by Ramon Tulfo

Please see the link for information...

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...goods-yourself

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Forgot to post the second part of the article...

...He also said a similar incident happened to the ABS-CBN crew who went to Barangay Maysilo.

“Some people who got cooked eggs threw them back at the crew, accusing them of taking too long in distributing the goods. So much food was wasted in this incident. The group had to withdraw from the area,” Padua said.
    That incident was what really earned my disgust, wasting the food that should've gone to empty stomachs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Tignan mo nga naman ung mga tao na un, sila na nga tinutulungan sila pa makapal mukha magalit? Pasalamat nga sila nagtitiis ung mga volunteers. Kung alam lang nila kung gano kabaho kadumi sa area nila.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nagdonate kami ng konti na meron kami para sa victims... pero now, parang naiisip ko na sayang yung pera kung tatapon lang nila. ayaw ko na tumulong kung gaganayin lang nila.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Forgot to post the second part of the article...

That incident was what really earned my disgust, wasting the food that should've gone to empty stomachs.

yan ang nakakabwisit mapapasama ka pa pag nagbigay ka..

dati may nanglimos sakin na bata so inabutan ko ng 5petot aba hinagis sa akin ano daw yun barya?! pinulot ko na lang at minura ko sa inis

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup, chaos are everywhere especially in those schools-turned evacuation centers . . . blackboards were ripped off & used (and destroyed) as beds, ceiling fans & faucets stolen, books burned for cooking, utility rooms used as toilets, and students going to the CR had to be guarded due to reported cases of extortions committed by some evacuees.

Sa mga iskwater, wag na sanang mag-asal iskwater pa. Kayo na nga itong tinutulungan tapos ganito pa ang igaganti niyo?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast