New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For those who are expert in real property matters.

Well, I just feel being cheated by the land developer.
    Year 1996 when I acquired this piece of residential lot at Greenwoods exec. Village in Pasig city it was an amortization type of payment for 5 years period
    By the year 1997 I decided to pay the balance in full but the developer didn’t accept the full payment instead I was forced to defer a 50k as they claimed that tct are not yet ready, for that balance there were no agreement that they would charge interest or whatsoever. Year 1998 I was so desperately need to build a house for my wife & son so I visited the site but to my amaze it’s still a ricefield so to my dismay I decided to purchase a lot again in a subdivision there in the province then built a house. 2002 I visited again that site in pasig, same scenario no developments although the roads are already constructed but nobody yet had constructed a single unit in that phase and that year I begin to receive a notice from them to pay the balance of 50k with a little interest of 300pesos but due to my frustration I just ignored it and said with that interest rate is tolerable I regularly receive this notice with the same interest till 2004. To my amazed last October this year they called my brother via phone and said we must pay them 50k + 36k interest or else they will forfeit my lot purchase contract in 1 month time. My brother managed to haggle with them and they reduced the interest to 26k . Untill now I’m still in doubt that the deal of interest matter is not official and think only a certain employee may taking advantage on me since they know that I work abroad. Last month I only paid the 50k. >>>with 26k going to somebody else personal pocket is really a hard feeling since this is a hard earned money<<< Maybe I was wrong…

I really don’t have any idea to do any moves since I’m away.
    Any advice folks! Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im not an Expert!!!

Dapat wala ng interest yon as good as cash na yon... sana may legal docs kayo na nag defered kayo ng 50K dahil hindi pa ready ang tittle..Ang mali nyo lang sana hindi nyo ignore yung notice nila. since yon lang pang lalaban nila sa inyo in case na mag reklamo kayo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can complain to the HLURB in Quezon City for violation of PD 957. Also, check your Contract to Sell and payment terms. Kasi, it might be that the payment terms were established for the benefit of both parties, kaya the developer can rightfully refuse your tender of payment. Likewise check your contract as to when the devleoper is supposed to deliver the property to you. AFAIK, the developer should be doing the civil works on your subdivision, otherwise, their license can be revoked.

Hmm...Greenwoods? I almost bought there. Isn't that a Sta. Lucia development?

Good luck, dude.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get a lawyer pare...medyo madugas nga yang developer mo...

nung ako pinayagan akong mag fully paid sa hinuhulugan kong lote...

minsan kahit mas mahal mas maigi kung bumuli ka sa develope na na subdivision... at least anytime pwede ka na mag pagawa ng bahay.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the advices, really appreciated. I will try inquiring at HLURB at the same
    time talk to a lawyer.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir greaseman, sino ung developer?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    sir greaseman, sino ung developer?
    Sta lucia.

Please help RE: REAL PROPERTIES