New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Would you suggest a beginner to take guitar lessons?

I know some who started playing just by learning it themselves. But if i opted to take lessons, would it be advantageous or unnecessary?

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    it really depends on the type of music you want to play.. if your gonna play some classical guitar or some guitar solos (ala satriani or santana) with a lot of complex fingering techniques, better take some lessons. it'll really help..

now if you just want to play some rock / pop songs mostly using standard and power chords, i think you can do without the lessons.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    it would take years before you could play like the pro's! ang importante eh you dont lose interest. medyo kailangan din ng dedication pero it really is worth every time and effort you spend once you learn a new piece.

madami ako tinuruan pero once na dumating na sa technical parts eh sumusuko.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i think it's always a good idea to take lessons at first, para may foundation ka. i learned on my own and i developed many bad habits na di ma-correct.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa akin naman, nu'ng elem. ako, naging member ako ng string band (rondalla), guitar ang hawak ko at du'n ako natuto magbasa ng mga guitar chords. Hanggang sa natuto na ako sumunod sa mga kanta.

Meron diyan talagang merong talent, kahit na walang formal education sa guitar lessons, natuto tumugtog. "Wido" (tama ba?) tawag nila. Meron akong uncle sa province, siya lang ang nakakatugtog sa gitara nya. Iba ung set up ng tono ng gitara nya, pero ang galing nyang tumugtog.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; September 29th, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Lessons will always help, unless magkataong walang kwenta yung instructor mo. So if you have the resources and the time for it, don't think twice.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Tama sila sir. Depende talaga sa yo. Ako, I tried lessons pero di ako natututo. It was until one time in HS when I met this girl na crush ko na gusto nya matuto mag-guitar so nag self-study kme as a group, together with our other friends that knows and also wants to learn how to play. Dun talaga ako natuto!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yup...it is very essential to take guitar lessons for beginners or not so that you can read musical notes too. I learned my guitar playing the hard way back in hi school and I used to take up conservatory of music in college but was turned down because it was already late for enrollment and ended up architecture. Buti na lang nagkaganon dahil na realize ko later gutom ang mga musikero sa pinas, ngayon i have Gibson acoustic and Stratocaster electric
    guitars with marshal amps & boom box...still playing the rock way

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    here's a tip on how to find the perfect guitar:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVsXHXXOj-k"]YouTube - Priceless MasterCard - Guitar Slash[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i learned to play guitar on my own. naimpluwensyahan lng kse bestfriend ko nagbabanda. nagkataon din nmn erpat ko bumili ng gitara kse yng ate ko gusto mag aral pero ako yng natuto. hehehe...buti na lng daw at musically inclined ako kaya cguro naging madali...never actually took up formal lessons pro i did benefit a lot from friends who do have formal training. cla n yng ngturo ng finer points and kng pano bumasa ng mga piyesa, cla din ngcorrect ng mga bad habits that i developed from learning on my own...

if you're really interested, i would also go with their suggestions on taking up formal lessons. ika nga, its always better to start the right way

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Playing the guitar