New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    When it's Plasma, I'll go for Pioneer also.
    Plasma is out. It's LCD/LED these days.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    is it because of LED tv?......
    LED is just the lighting system where sections of the screen can be turned off so the black will look really black. This is compared to conventional backlighting system which illuminates the whole screen from the edges.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233
    is it because of LED tv?......
    Yup. LCD, LED and soon a 3D mix

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    but prices for todays LED tv is a bit higher, am I correct?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Just wait for a couple of months. Pag naglabasan na ang ibang LED brands, babagasak din yan. Noon naman ang LCD/Plasma, ganyan din noong bagong labas. Mahal.

May LED na ba Sony? All I see are those of Samsung's.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Nope almost the same price. the problem of plasma TV when the gas was leak due to heavy vibration its un repairable , unlike the LED its repairable..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    May LED na ba Sony? All I see are those of Samsung's.
    Yep, may LED ang Sony but it's way too expensive. Sony is using the expensive RGB LEDs vs Samsung's White LED. The former produces better contrasts and color but the latter is way cheaper (avg. $1000 cheaper last I checked on a shopping website).

Sony Crying, Samsung Smiling Over LED TVs
    http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...123_42167.html

LED LCD TV Sets: Samsung A950 vs. Sony XBR8
    http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...-lcd-tv-2.html
    Last edited by Negus; December 7th, 2009 at 05:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    yep, think about getting an LCD/LED TV na lang as pa-obsolete na yata mga plasma.

by the way, here's a good read regarding contrast ratios of monitors. para eto sa mga masyadong nag-re-rely sa value ng contrast ratio when choosing whether one monitor is better than the other.

http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...ast-ratio.html

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Plasma? Uso pa ba plasma?

LCD/LED na nga ang new trend. Even sa laptop looks like LED na ang future, ung bibilin ko na Vaio laptop I think comes with LED screen na

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Plasma is still around... It's the choice of of videophiles. Panasonic is the way to go for Plasma. Plasma has better blacks and no light uniformity issues. LCDs suffer from juddering and picture lag. Pioneer Plasma is just too expensive that it priced itself out of the market. LCD is the choice if you're after cheap TVs. So-called LEDs under Sony, Samsung and LGs are still LCDs with a different backlight. Ordinary LCDs cannot copy the blackness due to one fixed backlighting. So they tried to copy plasmas by putting seperate backlighting sources using LEDs. Sony and Samsung first used the full rear LED backlight, but are now switching to edgelight LED backlight for economical rather than PQ reason. THough Edgelit LED-backlight LCDs look ***y, they a inherently defective technology. The latest Samsung LED backlit LCD only recieved an average rating...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHv-sonQu8I]Samsung UE40B6000 LED LCD TV[/ame]

Samsung UE46B8000 LCD HDTV Review (11/10/2009)

"The slim display introduces so many other compromises that you wonder what the point of taking it beyond “trade show floor novelty” and turning it into a commercial product was in the first place."

Cons

-Annoying screen brightness fluctuations with dark or near-dark material
    -Poor light uniformity thanks to sidelighting
    -Intrusive behind-your-back video processing can cause loss of detail with high definition content, requiring Game Mode to stop it
    -Small colour bleed (Y/C delay) issue, unless Game Mode is enabled
    -High input lag in all cases
    -Black objects can leave strange "pixel residue" on motion
    -Game Mode is necessary to get the best picture, which negates the use of 200hz Motion Plus (see "Pros") and also Film Cadence Detection
    -TV menu design prevents full Greyscale calibration when Game Mode is on
    -”Game Mode” is necessary for the best overall picture, but causes 24p input signals (Blu-ray Movies) to stutter
    -There is no way to lessen the Auto Dimming when using the TV's internal tuner, as Game Mode cannot be enabled there
    Last edited by Monseratto; December 7th, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Plasma TV (Good brand name)