New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Need ideas. The more, the better. Gusto ko pasyal anak ko for that father and son moment. I already have a few places in my mind pero baka may mas magandang idea na lumitaw dito.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    my kids' weakness? swimming spree esp this school break.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Teach him on some sports that he is very interested into, not on what you are interested. Give him freedom to choose on his favorite sport and improve him on that even though if you cannot.

Go out on some open space, teach him how to fly a kite! :superman:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A place that a 5 year old boy woudl appreciate:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Avilon Zoo in Rizal
    2. Manila Ocean Park
    3. Tree Top Adventure, SBMA (do the Superman)
    4. Zoobic Safari, SBMA
    5. Jungle Trekking, Apaliin Trail (about 30 min.), SBMA

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    1. Avilon Zoo in Rizal
    2. Manila Ocean Park
    3. Tree Top Adventure, SBMA (do the Superman)
    4. Zoobic Safari, SBMA
    5. Jungle Trekking, Apaliin Trail (about 30 min.), SBMA
    That's what I'm talking about. We've been through 1, 2, and 4. Will consider the others. Thanks!

Keep 'em coming.

*Ghosthunter,

I'll give you an "A+" for your A++empt. :D C'mon, you can do better than that.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    1. Avilon Zoo in Rizal
    if you are going to Avalon Zoo, best to go there early morning so it would still be cool. Later in the morning to the early afternoon, it is simply too hot to be too active outside.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Need ideas. The more, the better. Gusto ko pasyal anak ko for that father and son moment. I already have a few places in my mind pero baka may mas magandang idea na lumitaw dito.
    when i was 10 my dad took me to a sabungan. we bonded there, strangely enough. i enjoyed the chaos of the place and how my dad seemed to always tell me about what's going on. NOTE: my dad wasn't a cockfighting fan, he just wanted to tag along with HIS dad (my grand dad) and i was sorta taken, too, maybe for the heck of it (my dad was the bank daw, after we talked about it many years later when i was caring for him while he lay dying of cancer).

i'm not suggesting you take your kid to a cockfight, though. i'm suggesting you take him to a place where you can share a gritty experience together, with you as the father teaching him the ways of the world and how it's not always a shiny, clean, happy happy place.

like an isaw/barbeque stand, for example. i always enjoyed the times when my dad and i would sneak out from under my mom's nose and hit the isaw stand, with him telling me the various intricacies of isaw prep (whats dirty, whats not).

damn, i miss my dad.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If I may add, there is a long off-road strip na dadaanan papasok ng avilon.
    nakaya naman nung 96 lancer itlog namin. pero kung umambon or something like that baka mag ka problema. malalalim na lubak.

this is last december 08.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    if you are going to Avalon Zoo, best to go there early morning so it would still be cool. Later in the morning to the early afternoon, it is simply too hot to be too active outside.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    somewhere educational tapos afterwards eh to a place where you guys can both relax and enjoy while siyempre also teaching him some advices that books fail to deliver.

if you ask me, i'd better let him know more about the dark sides este turuan ko ng mga usual na kalye attitudes kaso yung proper naman para di siya lumaking masamang tao. medyo nahihirapan akong iexplain. basta yung tipong pae-experience-sin ko siya ng buhay kalye to gain more knowledge in life. para matuto rin siyang makipag interact sa mga ganung lugar/tao/situations.

try din to bring him to a park. teach him some street life there like feeding the birds (kung meron man like sa ibang bansa), play ball, kite, build anything (from toys to anything na useful yet magugustuhan niya rin), eat together street foods (ice cream halo halo since tag init ngayon basta sa malinis ha haha), drawing kayo together. basta ang daming pwedeng magawa sa isang par na maganda. i just hope na yung scenery/environment ng park na yun is kasing ganda tulad ng sa ibang bansa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Places to go that a 5 y/o boy would appreciate