New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Johnny Depp's boozy, woozy buccaneer Jack Sparrow has plundered the box office, with "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" taking in a record $132 million in its first three days, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Disney's swashbuckling sequel sailed past the previous all-time best debut, 2002's "Spider-Man," which took in $114.8 million in its first weekend.

"Dead Man's Chest" also did nearly three times the business of its predecessor, "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," which took in $46.6 million over opening weekend in 2003.

The sequel surpassed that total in its first day alone, taking in $55.5 million Friday to beat the previous single-day record of $50 million, set last year by "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith." With $44.7 million on Saturday, "Dead Man's Chest" also became the first movie to top $100 million in just two days.

Despite sky-high projections for the "Pirates" sequel from industry analysts, producer Jerry Bruckheimer said he had expected "Dead Man's Chest" to open closer to the $77 million debut weekend of spring's "The Da Vinci Code."

"When people in the industry predicted these high numbers, I thought they were just trying to be mean. So no matter how good we did, if we did $100 million, we'd be failures," Bruckheimer said Sunday. "I didn't think we'd get near these numbers."

The movie sent Hollywood's overall business soaring. The top 12 films grossed $206.5 million, up 48 percent from the same weekend last year, when "Fantastic Four" opened with $56.1 million.

"Dead Man's Chest" raked in nearly double the total of the rest of the top 12 combined. The previous weekend's top film, "Superman Returns," fell to No. 2 with $21.85 million, down 58 percent from opening weekend.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehehe....I like the first one....and looking forward to watch the new movie.....

Johnny Depp is quite a versatile actor, whether the movie is suspense/thriller, action, love/drama, or comedy...he can portray the character quite well..

I like his performance on the first one, hope he wont overdo it this time.....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From early reviews, he's just perfect. Besides, Captain Jack is supposed to be a rock star... errh... pirate. He's supposed to be OTT (Over The Top).

I'm watching this first day... even if I have to tear someone's kidneys out to get my tickets.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep this one looks better than the first one

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a DVD of the first one....and I might say I still have that smile whenever I watch Captain Jack Sparrow's antics......his hand jestures, facial expressions.....Johnny Depp is just perfect for this role....herehrehrehrher

Definitely, I am going to watch this when it hits the cinema.....

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gusto ko yung twists sa huli ng movie.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    anticipating to watch this one. I love Captain Jack!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    From early reviews, he's just perfect. Besides, Captain Jack is supposed to be a rock star... errh... pirate. He's supposed to be OTT (Over The Top).

I'm watching this first day... even if I have to tear someone's kidneys out to get my tickets.
    di ba ginaya lang ni mr. depp yung mannerisms ni keith richards, a rock star who's also a living dead, he-he. of course, jonny exaggerated a bit for effects . been reading reviews of this movie, they say he's the highlight, much like the first one. i'll wait until the 2nd week to see it. don't like big crowds that much.

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Perfect din pala sa role si Joey "Pepe" Smith.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed
    I have a DVD of the first one....and I might say I still have that smile whenever I watch Captain Jack Sparrow's antics......his hand jestures, facial expressions.....Johnny Depp is just perfect for this role....herehrehrehrher

Definitely, I am going to watch this when it hits the cinema.....
    LOL: Katatapos ko lang panoorin din sa dvd 2 weeks ago yung 1st the curse of the black pearl... meron na pa lang sequel. Grabe naman pala ako... :hiya:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest