New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good move! smokers inhale lang allowed.

Pinoys on Twitter react to Starbucks 'no smoking' campaign - Technology - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News

As far as Starbucks is concerned, cigarettes and coffee don't go well together anymore.

In a recent notice posted in Starbucks stores nationwide, the company said that it is converting "all previously designated smoking outdoor areas" into non-smoking zones beginning June 27.

The controversial move, which was met with mixed reactions by users of social networking site Twitter where the story first broke, is meant to comply with a recent campaign by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA).

"Since there is a new enforcement campaign that seeks to make Metro Manila 100% smoke-free, we decided to comply with the rule," an official of Rustan Coffee Corporation (RCC), the local operator of Starbucks, told GMA News Online in a phone interview.

Asked if the move -seen to alienate smokers from patronizing the company's products- will negatively affect their sales, the official said: "Hopefully not."

This early, however, Twitter users are threatening to leave their usual Starbucks habit in favor of other coffee brands because of the company's move.

"Is this true, All Starbucks outlets will be NON-SMOKING starting June 27???? Goddluck sa customers nyo," Twitter user *jay_matti cautioned.

"no smoking in starbucks? hello coffee bean!" *briansales quipped.

One Tumblr conversation between friends jokingly went: "Well, that's the last time I'm taking my business to Starbucks then. What the *** am I supposed to do in Starbucks? Drink coffee???"

The RCC official, who asked not to be named, said they will put up signages around the stores to remind customers about the new policy.

But what if customers still insist on smoking in the outdoor areas of the store? "We leave the enforcement to the MMDA. As an establishment we just wanted to comply with the law," the official stressed.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di kasi kumpleto ang pag project ng "cool" image sa pagtambay Starbucks pag di nagyoyosi

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Tama ka bro,- cool place to be seen with coffee and yosi....

Mga malls ba kasama sa ban sa no smoking in public here in MM...

Ang dami kasing yosi boys and girls dito sa ATC,- gusto ko na sanang i-call ang attention ng management dito (kung bawal nga)

13.5K:handinhand:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Tama ka bro,- cool place to be seen with coffee and yosi....

Mga malls ba kasama sa ban sa no smoking in public here in MM...

Ang dami kasing yosi boys and girls dito sa ATC,- gusto ko na sanang i-call ang attention ng management dito (kung bawal nga)

13.5K:handinhand:
    sa starbaks sa festival mall bawal na din magyosi sa labas?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    tama lang yan.
    good move by starbucks.......

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    as a former chain smoker myself, "yeah, time to kick that disgusting habit."

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    as a former chain smoker myself, "yeah, time to kick that disgusting habit."
    buying starbaks coffee bro? nyahahaha...jk lang...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sana ibaba nila presyo pag kung di sila magpapayosi sa establishment nila hehehe.....a real big favor for starbucks fans na non smoker like me.....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    no more starbucks for me.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    buying starbaks coffee bro? nyahahaha...jk lang...
    heheheh, i don't really hangout at starbucks - i always get take out drinks and pastries. nagtatagal lang ako if i'm waiting for somebody.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Pinoys on Twitter react to Starbucks 'no smoking' campaign