New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sa montalban at novaliches may tinatawag pa nga na byaheng impierno.

dun lahat nang santo tatawagin mo kung hindi ka sanay

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed
    hehehe a colleague of mine here in HK (He is a chinese but British citizen) once told me that he went to the Philippines before for a vacation w/ his girlfriend...they are planning to rent a car (since they do these quite often when traveling) to explore the places by themselves....so with a map a lot of enthusiasm off they go to Avis (he already have a discount for these worldwide), they got a car that they want and off they go from MIA (NAIA now) He is a good driver and I can attest to that since I already ride with him not only here in HK but elsewhere in China/Taiwan where we have some projects as well... he can even drive a left hand or right hand drive vehicles since he also stays in the US for quite sometime.....

so off they go from MIA....he told me the first few minutes were fine...he saw some cars going left or right ignoring the lane markers...'same driving habit as china he thought' and some jeepneys stopping anywhere to fetch and drop a passenger....'same as vietnam and bangkok he thought.....but when they converge to the main thoroughfares, thats when everything broke loose.....he told me everybody is driving like mad... a bus is cutting every vehicle it passes at a blazing speed, a huge truck overtakes their car w/ less than a foot of distance from his side at a tremendous speed and then cut him instantly...and all of the taxi's are driving like a tasmanian devil even criss crossing each other at a tremendous speed.....private cars edging too close to their four sides, he can even see the mole of the other passenger beside him....he even feels that the other driver is much nearer to him than his girlfriend passenger who at that time is already shaken scared almost to the point of panic and shock.....He told me that it is his first time to pray to God to give him enough strength and skill just to reach to their hotel in one piece and they did....somewhere in Makati. (just imagine, he only drove from the NAIA to Makati, he's just beginning to see the fun)... He told me that they were already in front of the hotel and the bellboy already opened their doors but they cannot get up quickly because their knees were still trembling at that time. When they already grasp their breath and composure, the first thing they did after checking-in was to call Avis and ask if they can provide them a personal driver.....HAHAHAHAHAHA.....we had a good laugh but he seriously told me that he never seen a driving skill like that before, and he admired their designated driver for their stay and gave him a big tip, he sometimes ask the driver, how did you do it w/o even scratching our car? and the driver will ask him 'what, what did I do?' he thought they've encountered a lot of close calls that can diminished their good life in earth but after a while he understand that those are not close calls but merely a day to day driving norm in manila....hehehehehe and he ask me....'how long have you been driving in your country, I told him since 1st year of my secondary school.....and then he told me....next time we had another project together outside HK.... you drive.....

This is a really funny story!! :bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    mas nakakabilib talaga ung mga jeepney drivers. imagine, kumukuha sila ng bayad at nagsusukli pa while going at high speeds or manuevering through heavy traffic. hehe. daig pa nagmamaneho ng nakapikit.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    the most skilled and yet the worst drivers in my opinion!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woulfe27
    mas reckless mag-drive mga indians kesa pinoys. pero they rarely beat red lights.
    Amen to that brother. Reckless ng mag-drive, mabantut pa yung iba.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blebla
    mas nakakabilib talaga ung mga jeepney drivers. imagine, kumukuha sila ng bayad at nagsusukli pa while going at high speeds or manuevering through heavy traffic. hehe. daig pa nagmamaneho ng nakapikit.
    pre... yung mga 18-wheeler... ang galing mag maneobra!!!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blebla
    My apologies to our lady tsikoteers, pero may mga magaling mag..."multi-tasking" na lady drivers.

Once, my wife and I were travelling along EDSA (Guadalupe) one traffic Monday morning. On our right, was a spanking brand new Honda Civic with one hot mama driving. What amused us that, while slowly steering the car through traffic (with her arms, no less). She was texting with one hand, while holding a lipstick (or was it a perfume bottle?) on the other. Kung biglang bumilis yung flow ng traffic, sigurado, matataranta yun.

While we admired her multi-tasking and ambidextrous capabilities, what she did was unsafe IMO.

Tsk tsk tsk... siguro may date or meeting kaya nagpapaganda . One of the worst drivers are those buses in provincial routes, grabe parang kotse kung mag overtake on a two lane road! No wonder there are a lot of accidents in those areas, same with scooters jeeps and trikes. When will these people learn?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo tanga rin ang pinoy driver... kapag may emergency, swerve agad instead of braking...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pinoys, "scariest" driver in the world? I don't buy that crap. Try and go to Saudi Arabia, and you'll see for yourself who's the worst driver in the world. Sa Saudi, yung mga Arabo, bara-bara kung magmaneho. Kahit nasa outer lane sila, bigla-bigla magka-cut pakaliwa. May nakita pa ako na nagda-drive, nakataas yung left foot sa bintana (matic yung car niya). Madalas, may makikita kang yung kaliwang kamay nasa cellphone, yung kanang kamay hawak yung manibela, kaya gigewang gewang kung paliko. Minsan, meron pang nagbabasa ng diyaryo habang nagmamaneho!

Kaya pag naaksidente sila, madalas patay ang sakay.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Pinoys: Best (& scariest) drivers in the world?