New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Depends on the location where you are assigned..

I was in NY and got $120 per day.
    In Houston, $105 per day.
    In Philly, $112.
    In Manila, $110 (free hotel then condo and a company vehicle)
    In Beijing, $106 (free hotel)

Pero the trend now is go with 1099 or independent contracting/consulting. Starting at $12500 or more per month plus mileage - for a Principal RF Engineer

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    ewan ko lang sa company mo, pero usually ang per diem ay based sa cost of living sa pupuntahan mong lugar. for example, sa US ang domestic per diem rates ay nandito.

http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/con...Type=GSA_BASIC

your employer may not necessarily need to follow the rates from the above website, as this applies to companies operating domestically. use it only as your basis.
    Just a correction, that's not the per diem rate that private US companies follow. The GSA website you posted is for US government employees who travel on government business. Quite familiar with it as I've had to use it more than I'd like in my career. Not sure how good a guide it is since a lot of my co-workers have had to use their own money because the per diem was too low for certain cities.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Just a correction, that's not the per diem rate that private US companies follow. The GSA website you posted is for US government employees who travel on government business. Quite familiar with it as I've had to use it more than I'd like in my career. Not sure how good a guide it is since a lot of my co-workers have had to use their own money because the per diem was too low for certain cities.
    the website is strictly not limited to government companies. most private firms use the per diem rates posted on the IRS website, which is basically identical to the GSA's rates. and depending on your company, they may elect to follow the federal per diem rates or the state per diem rates. in most cases, the higher number is usually adopted.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Okay yan. Talagang sky's the limit.

Sa amin, pag unlimited ang per diem mo, the expenses must be reasonable or justifiable.
    dun sa dati kong trabaho eh wala ding per diem, re-imburse mo lahat ng ginastos mo as long as me resibo......sometimes eh allowed pa akong manlibre ng client pero case to case basis yon.....

ngayon dito sa bago kong opis, eh re-imbursable naman pero within reasonable and justifiable means.....medyo mahirap......

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when i was assigned sa US mga 4 years ago. per diem ko is $ 100/day.
    also, when i was assigned sa Japan, its $150/day.
    sa Shanghai, its $ 80/day.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mahirap yang re-imbursable.. kailangan mga food lang etc.... at least pag per diem... minsan libre na food.. so bulsa na lang yung per diem..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Btw, kayla kumander (m2k) na office, there's no per diem but all expenses incurred can be reimbursed. Ok sya kung hindi ka nagtitipid - hehe - think of all the Kobe Beef, Norwegian Salmon, etc. that you can eat... :drool:
    before kasi ganito setup namen.. aside from fix allowance na 40usd a day we also have unlimited allowance for grocery,daily meals,phone, gas,laundry, etc... and usually 2-3 months ang duration. aside from hirap mag keep ng receipt(minsan wala receipt) dame pa questions during reinbursement so naisip ko na lang na mag request ng fix na perdiem para wala na dameng question at wala na liquidation. tapos sabay tipid

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't know how you guys are managing on $50 per day, especially if it includes lodging and/or transportation. you can barely get by on $50 a day if you stay at a motor inn and rent the cheapest car possible (or take mass transpo)

panu na yung kainan :eat: ??

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Dito sa company dinapasukan ko, per day $60, pag lumagpas ka sa 1 week additional $10, and $2 for laundry, additional $10 for room sharing, hotel pre arrange na ng company ang company account na ang bayad, sa transpo pakita lang receipt at reimburse.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ^^^sir sa analog kayo?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Per diem