New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    we started giving our daughter P100 per week at grade 2. but, she has to save part of the cash. she usually puts aside p40-p50. a full set of baon is provided. the cash part is mainly for teaching money management.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    K1 pa lang baby ko kaya hindi pa pwede pag Grade 1 na siguro bibigyan ko na. Grade 1 din ako nung binibigyan na ko ng allowance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i usually give them P20 baon to my grade 1 and grade 4 kids, baka sakali lang may gusto sa canteen. i also tell them that they can save the money inside their purse.
    makikita mo din kung sino sa kanila ang matipid at magastos. usually, yung eldest ang gastadora. hehehe...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grade 2 lang pataas ang allowed makabili sa canteen nila... grade 3 na eldest ko, youngest nasa prep

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We started giving our kids a cash allowance when they were in grade 1, even though they also brought snacks to school.

As has been said by the others, it teaches proper financial management and inculcates the value of saving for the future.

We require them to put 10% of their allowance in their piggy bank right after we give it to them. This is in line with Robert Kiyosaki's advice to "pay oneself first." Para kahit nagtatrabaho na sila, automatic na pagkakuha ng sweldo, may 10% savings na sya. Also, we have specified that the 10% compulsory savings will be used for their retirement fund. We let them put the accumulated funds in a time deposit and we roll over the saved amount plus interest plus new savings every quarter.

If they want to buy a toy or a book, they have to source the funds from the remaining 90% of their allowance.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    naalala ko noon preschool palang ako marunong na ako humawak at magbilang ng pera..parang nung nursery ako P5 ang allowance ko pambili ng candy..nun elementary ako marunong na ako magwidraw sa atm..I think may konting advantage kasi madali ako natuto magmanage ng pera.

nung prep ako may program yung school namin na yung pagkain pag recess ihandle ng nila,ienroll lang ng parents kung gusto nila...para ok yung kinakain ng mga kids hindi lang palagi junk food..ok din un kasi less preparation for the parents/yaya..ewan ko lang sa ibang school kung meron nun..

siguro pag ako may anak na,baka bigyan ko siya ng baon na pagkain saka allowance kahit konti lang..para matuto humawak ng pera..siguro pag elementary na.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ako den 5 petot baon ko when I was in grade 1. Nung prep 2 pesos. nyahaha pambili ng Goya.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    prep ako, although hindi ako nag kinder, 5pesos ang baon ko...
    6 years old ako...lagi akong may holen at text....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede na kapag grade 1....ako grade 1 din binibigyan ng baon...meron pang 2 peso bill noon

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    takot lang kami baka kung anu-ano ang bilhin na pagkain sa school canteen. kausapin nalang siguro namin ng mabuti.
    Signature

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
To parents: When do you start giving cash allowances to your kids?