New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    6yo na panganay ko and grade 1 na. i don't know if i should give him money already. may dala naman syang baon (biscuits, etc.) for snack during recess.

sa mga parents, when did you (or do you plan to) give money to your kid(s) as their allowance in school?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    ako pagkaalala ko prep(1988-89) pa lang may baon na akong pera (parang 5 pesos ata), pero may baon pa din akong pagkain. Pang bili ng ice popsies.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dat way pwede mo sila maturuan kaagad na mag ipon at para hindi sila masabik sa pera.

kahit gaano kabata pwede kaagad sila turuan.

Bigyan mo nang pera pang baon pero bigyan mo din sya nang alkansya. Yung nahuhulog nya dun tumbasan mo or pakita mo sa kanya kailangan nya magtabi nang pera para kung may gusto sya bilhin laruan may pambili sya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when they are about 8 years old.

if my parents had done this i would not have had to sell my body on the street for comic book money

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    6yo na panganay ko and grade 1 na. i don't know if i should give him money already. may dala naman syang baon (biscuits, etc.) for snack during recess.

sa mga parents, when did you (or do you plan to) give money to your kid(s) as their allowance in school?

hehehe. pareho tayo bro... 6 year old, grade 1. although yung school nya is around 700 meters away from our house... tapos complete ang baon, and naka school bus pa...

but if i remember it right, my parents gave me baon na when i was in grade 1.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I started to give just last year when she was grade 2 and this was because of peer pressure.

She had a complete baon. Sandwich in the morning, pack lunch and biscuit for merienda. However, her classmates was going once in a while at the canteen buy juices, spaghetti or french fries once in a while but she couldn't since she had no money. So we started to give her 20 pesos a day. She only eats at the canteen once or twice a week so the rest, she just saves.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    grade 1 ako nung nabigyan ako ng baon. 5 pesos.

my grade 1 nephew is already receiving 20 pesos baon.. don't know if its a good idea or not, but I don't think he still realizes the value of money.

better explain what the money is for and it does not grow on trees, if your gonna give him some, make him save a part of it (10%).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ako di pa nagbibigay kasi wala pa kong estudyante. 11 months pa lang baby ko...

1 year old pa lang ako may baon na kong 50cents. dami na nabibili ko at saka may libre pang nutribun noon. di lang na-ituro sa akin yung mag-save.

i'll surely teach my kids on how to save, salamat sa inyo mga peeps. ok talaga dito sa tsikot. di lang pag kotse pang-pamilya pa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    am not a parent, but I remember my brothers giving their kids baon na pera around grade 1 or 2, I remember that kasi ako taga-hatid ng mga pamangkin ko eh

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we gave an allowance to our eldest daughter when she started grade 1 together with a big crayon shaped alkansya....telling her that if she want a toy for herself she must save some money....ayun marunong syang magtipid...ang nakakatuwa, wala kaming makitang nakakalat na barya sa bahay......nilalagay nya agad don sa alkansya nya....herherherher

I still can remember the first time na napuno nya yung alkansya nya tapos binuksan namin at binilang....almost 600 pesos din.....and at that time she want a doll....nakikita nya sa mga classmate nya...we go to SM and bought the doll....her facial expression is priceless to me....she's so happy and proud saying to everybody that she bought that doll with her 'own money'....the rest of the money we put it in the bank....(the first time we've introduced to her the idea behind banking system, we even introduced her to the friendly people from the bank whom we've known for years....

nowadays every time she opened her alkansya....she make sure that a part of it will go to her savings account.....

It will be another year before we do the same to our youngest daughter........ cant wait for that either......the joy of being a dad....hehehehehe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
To parents: When do you start giving cash allowances to your kids?