New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Napaka suwerte ni May Vecina at napatawad siya ng Pamilya ng pinatay niya na 7 year old na alaga niya pero sa opinion ko lang, di niya kailangan mabigyan red carpet o special treatment mula gobyerno natin na talaga naman nakakapagtaka.

kayo, ano opinion niyo dito?

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/new...-regrets-crime

MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE) Pardoned domestic helper May Vecina on Tuesday said she regretted having killed her seven-year-old ward in Kuwait and thanked the victim's family for giving her a second lease in life in the Philippines.

Vecina was presented in a joint press conference by Vice President Noli De Castro and Foreign Affairs Alberto Romulo at the Department of Foreign Affairs shortly upon arrival at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

"Pinagsisihan ko siyempre may anak din ako (I regret it of course because I also have children)," Vecina said, referring to her two children aged nine and four.

Vecina said she has no plans of going abroad again and would rather work in her hometown in Davao to be with her children, who have been assured scholarships by the government.

De Castro said that Vecina would be given P10,000 cash assistance and another P50,000 loan if she wanted to put up a small business.

Vecina said one lesson that she learned from this sad episode in her life was not to seek greener pastures abroad when you already have a good job in the Philippines.

"Huwag ng pumunta sa ibang bansa. Kung may kaunting hanapbuhay dito sa ating bansa, dito na lang tayo. Kasi pag nasa ibang bansa ka, ang isang paa mo nasa bingit ng kamatayan. At iyon namang may magandang amo na napasukan sa abroad, sana ay lalu nilang pagbutihin (Don’t leave for abroad. If there’s some livelihood here, let’s stay here in our country. In another country, we’re always in danger. For those who have great jobs abroad, do good work)," she said.

Vecina said she committed the crime out of anger but is now truly sorry for it.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Eh ano pa ba bago....election eh. Si Noli naman ang naka-front. Usually si Villar ang umi-epal dyan.

Pero swerte nga nya. Napardon siya't nakauwi pa.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    she should not have been pardoned for that crime. sorry pero that's my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ^ ako din, i dont wish her ill pero mas madami nangangailangan ng tulong ng higit pa sa kanya na karapat dapat.

talaga nga naman kasi tong gobyerno natin.di malaman asan ang mga prinsipyo.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Red carpet? Is that a freaking joke? Pumatay ng tao red carpet pa? Okay lang sana kung maganda e, kaso hindi! Ang panget. Binigyan pa ng pera. Goodness, dapat dyan pinabayaan. Pinugutan nalang sana ng ulo.

Wait, ah. Ilang months nalang kasi election na. Swerte nung ibang na-stranded, makakauwi na kayo!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwalk View Post
    ^ ako din, i dont wish her ill pero mas madami nangangailangan ng tulong ng higit pa sa kanya na karapat dapat.

talaga nga naman kasi tong gobyerno natin.di malaman asan ang mga prinsipyo.
    well said...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I just read about this case. excerpts from inquirer.net read the entire article here http://globalnation.inquirer.net/new...-regrets-crime

"Pardoned domestic helper May Vecina on Tuesday said she regretted having killed her seven-year-old ward in Kuwait and thanked the victim's family for giving her a second lease in life in the Philippines."

"In May 2008, Kuwait's Court of Cassation (Supreme Court) upheld the lower courts' death sentence after finding Vecina guilty of killing Salem Sulaiman Al-Otaib on January 6, 2007 in Mubarak Al-Kabeer.

In her defense during court proceedings, she admitted to killing her victim after she was allegedly subjected by the Otaib family to physical and mental torture. She also attempted to kill the victim's 13-year-old brother Abdulla and 17-year-old sister Hajer.

On July 8, 2008, Emir Sheikh Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah, signed a decree commuting May Vecina's death sentence to life imprisonment following appeals from President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and De Castro."

My take is that this woman killed a child and attempted to murder his two other siblings. Regardless of citizenship, this is the type of situation wherein justice should be done. This isn't the type of case wherein our two highest officials should be conducting appeals for. It is very bad example.

However, the way Arroyo commuted the sentences of Teehankee and Jaloslos, i'm not surprised.

what's your take?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I have this questions in mind for a long time that pop up whenever I hear similar stories?

What happen to these OFWs when they return home?

They are convicts right?

IMO, they should be locked up in jail here in the Philippines. They shouldn't be free.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    IMO, dapat ikulong siya dito sa Pinas.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is also being done by past presidents, even in other countries. Ganyan talaga, parang love your own, defend your own kind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pardoned maid back in RP, regrets crime