New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    for self defense and not much training its hard to beat a revolver. 357 magnum 4" or 38spl +p will be sufficiend for your needs.

If you compete like me wherein i shoot about 18000 rounds per year id choose based on the category i will shoot in.

I shoot at standards thus i have a 40 cal svi.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    but for a common civilian with who is not really proficient with a handgun, quantity would be a priority. bottomline dpende na yan sa marksmanship n proficiency ng bibili. and marami pa factors like size, weight, concealability blah blah blah

yup. my point....
    actually, i've been on practical shooting years back and i can say that ordinary civvies really cannot just handle even .22 cal pistols, much more kung .45 pa hawak mo.

besides, the thought of just maiming a person, even while in self-defense mode, can really test the hell of the character of the person. may psychological thing yang paghawak ng boga eh. may takot, ika nga, na maski your life is under threat, magdadalawang isip ka pa ring iputok. so your accuracy is under question. sa akin, like i've mentioned earlier and as what BlueBimmer posted, i would still go for quality over quantity for un or underskilled people. maski nga mga pulis natin, hindi ganung ka-asintado eh. much more ordinary people.

things will be different kung may gun training ka. i may have to choose stopping power.

btw... when i was still on shooting (mga 10 years ago na yun), i was using a Glock 9mm.

and btw, for home self defense, instead of a pistol, i have a 12 g-shotgun at home.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by IceColdBeer
    BB, thanks. Somebody told me before nasa 75K daw ang brand new Sig.
    last 2 years ko pa natanong un, baka tumaas na or something hehe. sa Beretta same pa rin price currently afaik.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    well siguro decide ka muna what caliber do you like. i used to be a gun fanatic(have lots of old 'Combat Handguns' magazines; fav columnist M.Ayoob?). learn a lot from him especially in real world scenario. there is also two kinds of 9mm(long & short). Beretta 92 series are the long caliber ones(9mm luger yata tawag ng americans) like this while the short ones(.380 yata tawag ng americans) like sigsauer 230 which are good for back ups are like this
    HTH
    Last edited by niwde11; May 9th, 2005 at 01:49 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get a Colt 1911 .45ACP proven and time tested reliability ang stopping power. I had this gun for almost 15 years na. Would cost around 50k-115k.

Or a high end STI 2011 Edge .40SW Cost around 185k
    Sa .40SW you get the firepower capacity of the 9mm plus the knockdown power of the venerable .45ACP

Can get wrong with this two reliable calibers.

Other list of reliable guns are as follows:
    Paraordnance
    Paraordnance P14.40 (.40SW)
    Paraordnance P14.45 (.45ACP)

Glock
    Wilson Combat
    Springfield 45ACP

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    for carrying around it is generally better to get a compact handgun, the P230 would be perfect. if it looks too feminine then the P228 would be an alternative.
    house=long barreled handgun or shotgun
    constant sidearm=medium to compact handgun (concealability is a must, believe me i hate bringing my beretta out of the house, its too bulky.)

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    (concealability is a must, believe me i hate bringing my beretta out of the house, its too bulky.)
    maybe you could look at my concealed clutch bag clone. para syang pda na pinalaki.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Glock, HK, S&W, Walther, SIG, Browning, Beretta and ParaOrdnance etc. are very good weapons of choice. I guess it depends on the user. I agree with Bigfeather that STI and Colts are the best in terms of accuracy and pistol competition. However, the cost of possessing such is too much to bear. There are different kinds of gun aficionados and it is up to them to determine which gun is better.

Kimber 1911's also rocks!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ok ba ung armscor, or just a waste of money?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hirap maka relate dito....hehe

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
para sa mga experto sa baril