New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Build a Disneyland in Pampanga?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 68.42%
  • No

6 31.58%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Palace wants to study plan to build Disneyland in Pampanga
    April 21, 2012 2:30pm

Malacañang wants to study first a proposal by a congressman to have the Walt Disney Co. build a Disneyland theme park in Pampanga province.

Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said there is no reason to block such an idea if it is found to be a “reasonable” proposal.

“That has to be studied... We get the general idea, it will bring in business and promote tourism, may multiplier effect ang ganoong project [but] we have to study it first," she said on government-run dzRB radio.

She said President Benigno Aquino III himself said at an energy summit in Mindanao earlier this month that if a proposal is reasonable, there is “no reason why we should not look into it.”

Earlier reports said Pampanga Rep. Carmelo Lazatin is pushing to have a Disneyland theme park in Clark Freeport.

Lazatin has also asked the Department of Tourism to support his bid.

He added a Disneyland at Clark Freeport would help boost tourism and increase government revenue. — LBG, GMA News
    source: Palace wants to study plan to build Disneyland in Pampanga | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    La bang undecided sa poll? I haven't seen all of the facilities in clark kung kaya ang addt'l influx of tourist eh and if pricing will be competitive?

But Disneyland in HK and Japan is really an attraction. Mauuna pa matapos if ever yung Shanghai Disneyland.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    balita dati Disneyland was supposed to be built here instead of HK. I was in HS then, it was supposed to be built at splendido Tagaytay...I remembered cuz we almost bought a lot there bec if this...back then parang 4k/month lang ang hulog...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hay Naku, another one of the Stupid Pa-asa Proposals that won't take off.

Impossible to put up a Disneyland in the Philippines:

1. HK is too near.
    2. 20 Typhoons a year
    3. Earthquake Zone
    4. Floods
    5, 35 Degree Heat
    6. Poor infrastructure
    7. Poor FAA CAT2 Airport Rating
    8. Crime and Dirt
    9. Corrupt People
    10. High Energy Cost

Tiyaga na lang kayo sa Enchanted Kingdom.
    Last edited by marg; April 21st, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Having seen some parts of Clark, I think it would work. So my vote would be yes.

And tama si Shadow, cinonsider talaga ang Pilipinas before as a Disneyland site before. Pero tama rin si marg, HK is already too near. Para ka lang nagtayo ng dalawang parehong establishments 1 block apart.

Pero who knows, if indeed it will push through I think magcclick naman to most filipinos. Hinde naman kasi lahat may gana or may means to go to HK or SG.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sige na! Para lahat, makapunta na sa Disneyland...

15.4K:cosmo:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hindi tatagal magKakaroon din ng Disneyland sa pinas. Pag sawa na lahat ng tao sa Disneyland except pinoys. Hehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Just an observation.

I've been to Tokyo Disneyland and Universal Studios Osaka.

Ordinary entrance fee is JPY6,000.

If you work in a factory here (Japanese or not), you may earn a minimum of around JPY150,000 if you work 8 hours a day. This is based on my friend's information (I'm a student). This is just a minimum for a full-time job without overtime.

So you see, these people can afford to go to these parks on a regular basis if they want to even for those who are not rich by Japanese standards.

Fo the Philippines, my question is how can a Disneyland financially sustain its operation in the Philippines given the socio-economic status of most of the Filipinos?

How much would be the entrance fee?

How many Pinoys will actually go there on a regular basis?

Will there be enough foreign tourists who will visit it considering there is a similar theme park in a nearby Hong Kong?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Just an observation.

I've been to Tokyo Disneyland and Universal Studios Osaka.

Ordinary entrance fee is JPY6,000.

If you work in a factory here (Japanese or not), you may earn a minimum of around JPY150,000 if you work 8 hours a day. This is based on my friend's information (I'm a student). This is just a minimum for a full-time job without overtime.

So you see, these people can afford to go to these parks on a regular basis if they want to even for those who are not rich by Japanese standards.

Fo the Philippines, my question is how can a Disneyland financially sustain its operation in the Philippines given the socio-economic status of most of the Filipinos?

How much would be the entrance fee?

How many Pinoys will actually go there on a regular basis?

Will there be enough foreign tourists who will visit it considering there is a similar theme park in a nearby Hong Kong?
    Mismo!!

For this to work, the local market should at least be able to cover for some % of market to be able to break even... the local economy should be able to able to afford the park... meaning locals pa lang, the best is break even na agad... now.. does the local Pinoys expect to get preferred rates? perhaps yes.. but to a point na tipong 200 pesos lang (parang nanood lang ng sine) and yet ride all you can na? I doubt.. how much na ba entrance now ng Enchanted Kingdom? I heard lubog sa utang to... di rin ugali ng tao Pinoy ang theme park all year round.. mostly magpapasko din lang.. so how do you expect the local economy to help Disneyland to break even... kung aasa na sa foreign tourists.. yan you have to compete na with HK, Shanghai, Tokyo.... then all the other factors as a tourist destination comes in - airport, roads, hotels, transportation, etc..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    9. Corrupt People ...
    huwag naman corrupt people

baka corrupt government officials, local and national

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Palace wants to study plan to build Disneyland in Pampanga