New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If people really want to stop corruption, then it has to start from the very bottom, ourselves.

The first step to stop corruption is to have integrity. To do that, one may have to adopt a "holier than though" attitude.

Do you obey the rules of the road, the law of the land?

Do you avoid pirating software or avoid buying bootleg media?

Do you treat others the way you want to be treated regardless if it's reciprocated or not?

Do you avoid being conscious of status or position in life? Do you avoid being envious of others?

Do you take action and accountability for those actions instead of leaving it to others or to fate?

Do you give those under you who are new or inexperienced room to fail/make mistakes and hope they learn form those mistakes?

Do I do my best to do the right thing without someone watching or being told to do so?

Answering yes to those questions most of the time is what have guided me thus far. I ask myself those things everyday on my way to work.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Dapat kasi medyo taasan naman nila yung sweldo. Ano ba naman yun 150k a year for a position like that?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    come to think of it who survives in a 150K annual salary lalo na kung mataas ang posisyun.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Serves him right.

Honestly, there's no hope. Even if the Peso as of today has increased in value to the USD, one cannot measure corruption.

Sorry but I think the only way to get by, is to get out of there. JMHO.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nation building starts with each and everyone...

A prerequisite though is to consistently prosecute and jail all the crooks in the government!....

2401:massbounce:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Siyempre may reaction ang mga pinoy. And their reaction is a) to leave and b) not to pay taxes. Ang response naman ng gov't? Consumption tax (E-Vat). Ang problema, mukhang marami rami na din ngayong hindi nagre-remit at palagay ko sa long run bababa ang productivity nung consumption taxes na yun. Mukhang ang dulo nung cycle na yun, walang matitira sa Pinas kundi MNCs, dependents, and politicians. Sad, really.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    And AFAIK, failing lifestyle checks don't mean you get punished. It just means they can get fired -- and not even that all the time. Yun ngang isang public official na alam ko nag-fail dito at na TV pa to boot, ngayon tumatakbo for local gov't eh. hahaha.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Basahin ninyo ang libro ni Bo Sanchez. Ang pagasenso nasa sa ating mga kamay at hindi sa mga pulitiko. Naks! :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the fox is guarding the hen house

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Siyempre may reaction ang mga pinoy. And their reaction is a) to leave and b) not to pay taxes. Ang response naman ng gov't? Consumption tax (E-Vat). Ang problema, mukhang marami rami na din ngayong hindi nagre-remit at palagay ko sa long run bababa ang productivity nung consumption taxes na yun. Mukhang ang dulo nung cycle na yun, walang matitira sa Pinas kundi MNCs, dependents, and politicians. Sad, really.
    So as not to mislead...
    Sabi ng BIR maganda tax collection ngayon - exceeded their target for the year. In other words, nagbabayad na ng tax ang mga tao. Plus, yung mga celebrities, ayaw na nila ma-iskandalo at habulin sa korte ng BIR.

Small steps. Kaya natin ito kabayan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Paano tayo aasenso? Paano?