New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I saw GMA (at 24 Oras) joined our Marines in a "boodle fight" in Mindanao, and before that she promised our troops an increase on their Combat Pay, which is presently pegged at P240/month. Well, of course, this is on top of their salary and other allowances. Pero, masyado atang maliit, itong P240/month. Sabi nga nu'ng isang Scout Ranger, sana nga ay matuloy yung pangako ni GMA.

I really can't believe this (P8/day combat pay nila?), until I found this out from this Phil. Marines website:

"The ground personnel receives a combat duty pay of P240.00 monthly while his counterpart in the Navy and Air Force is receiving a sea duty pay of 25% and flying pay of 50% of their base pay respectively. The ground forces' risk and physical hardship as compared is enormous and is more hazardous. While in combat duty an Infantryman has to "carry" his personal belongings, food, and service gear enduring prolonged physical and mental strain while his Navy and Air Force counterpart experience relative comfort while assigned at air bases and aboardship with the camp facilities, and other amenities."

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Napakaliit kumpara sa kanilang buhay na kapalit.

Ano kaya kung yung mga congressman na pagkalaki-laking pork barrel ang ilaban sa mga abu sayyaf.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    napakaliit nga. tapos kapag walang mission, eh wala ding combat pay.

Senators Honasan, Lacson, Biazon at Trillanes - baka pwede na ninyong i donate yung pork barrel ninyo (200 million pesos/year) dito sa mga Phil. Marines at Phil. Army troopers natin na nasa front line palagi.

wag naman ninyong kalimutan ang pinanggalingan ninyo.

P240/month Combat Pay