New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Paki lipat na lang kung hindi dito ito:

June 24, NAIA 1 terminal.

The person incharge of clearing the OEC and issuing OEC to OFW told me that he will be marking my passport, and once marked I can no longer get My OEC from the Airport Office.

He said, No.. there is a new policy that they will no longer issue OEC in the airport.

- Point # 1: If you will check the website http://www.poea.gov.ph/ you won't find any notice, memorandum or any notes that they will not issue an OEC.

The Office in the Airport , 1 also in the NAIA 2 terminal, caters for OFW that stayed in the Philippines for less than a week.

I told them, I am one of the lucky OFW that can go back to the Philippines during the weekend.. because my jobsite is very near, 2 hours plane ride lang.
    ----------------------------------------------
    To continue: He offered that I could get for myself the MTEc... which is a multiple travel employement certificate. I could even get as many as 100 OEC from their office in Ortigas.

Point # 2: And how do I suppose to get an OEC from Ortigas office, I am only here during the weekend, and their office is only open during the weekdays.

for those that don't know, the OEC issued by the POEA will give you exemption from the travel tax, terminal fee. so its more than 2K php that you will save.

Getting the OEC from the airport is very convinient for me, since my time with my family is limited In the Philippines, I don't need to go to the POEA office in ortigas to get one... assuming I am there in a weekdays. I won't spend at least half day just to get an OEC from them.

------------------------------------------------------------

From my point of view, those People from the government, In particular this POEA should be thinking of ways on how to serve us, We the OFW. it would be better if they just made the acquisition of OEC online. or through banks.. In general, in the Philippines those that are working in the Government feels like they are the BOSS, all of you should line up there under the sun or else i won't issue your certificate, or permit....

To those people in the government: YOU SHOULD BE SERVING THE FILIPINO, YOU ARE BEING PAID BY THE TAXES, AND FOR SOME OF YOU< YOUR CARS ARE ALSO PROVIDED BY THE TAXES AND INCLUDING YOUR GAS ALLOWANCES.

----------------------------------------
    Back to POEA - When I had a chance to get OEC during my week long vacation last MAY 2007. I was supposed to get my OWWA ID, But I wasn't able to get it......

Why: There are still gymnastics on going in the lobby of the POEA......
    hundreds of other Filipino hopefull are lineup outside waiting for them to finish.. And guest what.... Its already 10:00am....... What... they are doing their exercises during office hours.........
    while hundreds of FILIPINO People waiting for them.

HAHAHA... Its ok to have an exercise, but in their own time... after office hours........... They are Public servants...

----------------------------------------------------------
    I already sent a similar email to info*poea.gov.ph about the matter, and still no responds from them... I hope somebody would be able to read this and tell those in authority to do something about the matter.

I think there are still some brains left in the heads of those who initiated this Policy... The first thing that they need to do is explain... why.. why they changed the policy... next is re-consider, thats why I wrote this post, is for them to know that the policy is not ideal for all... I don't know if they did any study first before they acted....
    next... Plan for the future...... what's a temporary solution now will not be an ideal solution for the future..... think of a path... where do you want to go, what your institution would like to achieve, and what is available to help you achieve it.

I think you can...... I think you can still think.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ngek......he-he! Napahaba ata thread mo Bro.

OFW din ako, pero sa POEA may nage-aerobics during office hours? WTF! Di pa ako natatapat naman pag may aerobics/gymnastics sila. Dati yang OWWA ID, minuto lang kuha mo na. Yung sa akin, hinintay ko lang, bigay din agad yung ID.

Swerte ka Bro, ginagawa mong Quiapo ang Pinas. Pwede ka umuwi ng weekends. Saan ka ba sa Taiwan?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    aerobics nga pala tawag dun.. sorry...

Dito lang ako sa Mainland... tabi ng HK... so madaling umuwi talaga...

given the promo fare of one budget airline... kahit every week pwede.. pero mapagod... travel ko 30-40 minutes by coach...(FX term namin dito) yung mga V6 na luxury van.. na automatic door... kung pumalo sa Highway eh sisiw ang 120Kph... then 2 hours by plane... I could take the last flight out of Hongkong to manila on friday... then take the last flight back on sunday... medyo sayang lang yung pamasahe, pero yung time together with the Family is priceless... I think everybody will agree about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Ngek......he-he! Napahaba ata thread mo Bro.

OFW din ako, pero sa POEA may nage-aerobics during office hours? WTF! Di pa ako natatapat naman pag may aerobics/gymnastics sila. Dati yang OWWA ID, minuto lang kuha mo na. Yung sa akin, hinintay ko lang, bigay din agad yung ID.

Swerte ka Bro, ginagawa mong Quiapo ang Pinas. Pwede ka umuwi ng weekends. Saan ka ba sa Taiwan?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    In my 13 years as an OFW, once lang ako nagpunta sa POEA to get an OEC. After that, I just get it at the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait. Ten minutes lang, tapos na. Wla pang pila.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CamaroZ28 View Post
    In my 13 years as an OFW, once lang ako nagpunta sa POEA to get an OEC. After that, I just get it at the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait. Ten minutes lang, tapos na. Wla pang pila.
    Bossing, swerte ka diyan. Unfortunately, not all Philippine embassies issue the OEC. Kung weekend traveler ka, sa airport lang talaga ang chance mong makakuha ng OEC.

Last month, sa airport din ako kumuha ng OEC, pero wala naman binanggit na they will stop issuing it.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Tama ka ser,

yun ang masakit dun.. biglaan sila kung mag announce..

naka book pa naman ako hangang september.... so uwi ako july, august & september.

Pwede rin sana a hongkong ako kumuha kaya lang.... close sila ng friday at saturday which is our breakdays here due to the power rationing scheme here in the mainland in preparation for the summer.

malinaw naman kasing naka lagay dun sa airport... for those staying less than a week....

ngayon kahit sa website alang notice....Siguro naubos ang pondo nila nung eleksyon...

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Bossing, swerte ka diyan. Unfortunately, not all Philippine embassies issue the OEC. Kung weekend traveler ka, sa airport lang talaga ang chance mong makakuha ng OEC.

Last month, sa airport din ako kumuha ng OEC, pero wala naman binanggit na they will stop issuing it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    kuha ka na lang ng multiple oec sa embassy nyo dan. dito kasi sa singapore meron nyan, para syang stub na pupunitin lang everytime na babalik ka. malamang meron din nyan sa embassy dyan. ang validity nya ay kasabay ng owwa membership mo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    will the same apply to people seeking work abroad like singapore? i've recently been approved of an employment pass eligibility certificate in SG, and will probably fly there around august.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    oo nga hassle ang kumuha ng OEC, kaya etong mga huling uwi ko hindi na ako nakuha ng OEC. nagbabayad na lang ako ng Tax Exemption processing fee 200pesos at ng airport tax around 750 pesos. meron kasi akong "resident permit for foreigner" (also serve as entry VISA) sa passport ko.

raikah, for sure meron ka ring "resident permit for foreigner" sa passport mo.
    iyon na lang ang gamitin mo less hassle pa.

saan ka ba sa mainland? dito rin kasi ako sa mainland near hk lang. tulad mo rin nag we-weekend sa manila basta may murang airticket. hope this helps!

pm me na lang kung may mga tanong ka... for sure uwi ka rin this friday for a long weekend noh? cheersss!

God bless you!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    will the same apply to people seeking work abroad like singapore? i've recently been approved of an employment pass eligibility certificate in SG, and will probably fly there around august.

having an epec unfortunately will not exempt you from paying the travel tax and terminal fee. an epec is only a pass given by singapore government to allow you to stay here longer to look for a job without a need to extend your social visit pass as in the case of tourist.

sadly, the philippine immigration only allows exemption of these taxes on ofws.

Overseas Employement Certificate