New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm planning to replace our 2 yr old tank to bigger capacity,went to home dpot and there are two designs first is yun nakatayo just like our present bestank second yun nakahiga is there any difference if nakatayo yun tank or yun nakahiga? I mean will the water pressure be affected pag yun nakahiga ang binili ko? or since it's overhead walang connection since gravity ang nagcocontrol

ano advantage and disadvantage ng nakahigang tank doon sa nakatayo?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    there would be no difference...
    the concern only is the available mounting space
    horizontal would require more space while vertical lesser
    in terms of pressure imho no difference
    you can always install a pressure tank and motor if you want additional pressure

best tank brand is good

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ilang gallons ang requirements? saka di ba merong stainless at plastic? I'm also planning to get one pero ang iniisip ko ay pano ko lalagyan ng switch yung overhead tank para auto shut off yung jet pump ko pag puno na yung overhead tank. My overhead tank will be located in the 4th floor while my pressure tank and motor is in the ground floor, 1 hp goulds ang gamit kong motor.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I'm planning to replace our 2 yr old tank to bigger capacity,went to home dpot and there are two designs first is yun nakatayo just like our present bestank second yun nakahiga is there any difference if nakatayo yun tank or yun nakahiga? I mean will the water pressure be affected pag yun nakahiga ang binili ko? or since it's overhead walang connection since gravity ang nagcocontrol

ano advantage and disadvantage ng nakahigang tank doon sa nakatayo?

The rule of thumb for an overhead tank is that the lowest point of the tank should be higher than your highest shower. Since you're just replacing your old tank, and I assume you're using the same structure to support it, then you should be okay. You need to consider though, your structure in buying your replacement tank, as it may need modification with the new one.

5000:boom:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcastro_ph View Post
    ilang gallons ang requirements? saka di ba merong stainless at plastic? I'm also planning to get one pero ang iniisip ko ay pano ko lalagyan ng switch yung overhead tank para auto shut off yung jet pump ko pag puno na yung overhead tank. My overhead tank will be located in the 4th floor while my pressure tank and motor is in the ground floor, 1 hp goulds ang gamit kong motor.

you need a float valve
    get ba plumber im sure its just an easy task

overhead tank questions?