New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    hindi ksi tlga tyo pwede magkakasama--parang pinahalo mo ang tubig at langis eh!
    at kng hindi tyo pwede pag samasamahin maghiwahiwalay nlng tyo tutal archipelago naman.

ang laki ng problema ng bansa para sa kin eto ang pinakamabigat:

1. insurmountable debts!
    2. balance of power and resources---unfair!

what if the neighboring provinces capatalize on the politico-economic situation and secede. i think this is a good time to undertake such plans..

these states will then declare "we are not indebted to any nation in any way whatsoever"
    therefore zero utang (dat means they get a fresh start)

manila will declare a state of insolvency...

provinces will put up their own government, constitution etc.. military...
    then seek the recognition of other countries then un...(although i doubt but probable)

time will come disagreements with neigboring provinces(states) will occur..

then civil war

after that we consolidate... as a nation...

then we will be stronger and have much greater appreciation and recognition of what we are...

na imagine ko lng itong scenario....
    ksi it seems we have no way out of this mess eh
    so lets overhaul the whole system
    hindi pwede itong tagpi tagpi style..

kayo what kind of overhaul do you want for the country???

peace

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede bang change oil and replace air filter lang... madaming mauulila pag nagka-civil war e. Moreover, you can't have a civil war unless you have two or more factions that have polarized the citizenry and which common people will be willing to fight and kill for.

Personally, I can find better uses for my time than dying for the likes of GMA and Erap.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just look at those demonstrations, lots of red flags and placards and no Philippine flag.And they profess ,they are doing this for love of country.Trouble occurs and the leaders are the first to flee their followers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    be very careful what you wish for...CIVIL WAR?

Congo has been in a civil war for 5 years. 4 million people have died. watch the movie "Tears of the Sun" for some images on what that war looks like (it's about Nigeria or Rwanda yata, but the scenes are typical of the genocide that happened all throughout Africa)

the US civil war killed more than 600,000 men. in some states nearly their entire population of young men were involved. think about that and imagine your entire barangay or town with no young men...all your barkada and classmates completely wiped out.

i think it's safe to say that if it comes to civil war, life as you know it (and the Philippines as we know it) will cease to exist.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go to Africa... many more nations are in deeper sh*t than us.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pare, kung inoverhaul mo wala din, after the so called overhaul, what guarantee can you make that the new leaders won't follow the same path? hehe.

sakin eto lang, kung mga tao mismo kaya mag self govern, may pagasa ang pinas... tipong unahin ang change sa sarili before pointing fingers.

Karamihan kasi dito sisihan. Laging may rason kung baket may di magawa o di masundan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what the Phil need is a leader like Lee Kwan Yew, may pagka iron hand at istrikto. at higit sa lahat e my sense of patrimony or love for one's country.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    what the Phil need is a leader like Lee Kwan Yew, may pagka iron hand at istrikto. at higit sa lahat e my sense of patrimony or love for one's country.
    A good leader wouldn't even put a dent on our country's problems if its citizens continue to behave the same.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I agree with Theveed: the change should start from within each Filipino. But even if change is "the only constant thing in this world", for a lot of people it is the hardest thing to do.

I'll also confirm what Mazda2 had said: a lot of countries in Africa are in a deeper hole than we are. I know...I've visited a number of them already. Same goes for some countries in Eastern Europe. A couple of countries in LatAm, the same boat.

No matter who our leader would be, whether he/she has the grit and character of Winston Churchill, the intelligence and leadeship of Lee Kwan Yew or the spiritual depth of the Dalai Lama, if we ourselves do not commit to change, then we would be stuck in this quagmire for decades to come.

We are like some of the tribes that I had visitied in Africa: we see the mistakes, faults, dirt, and ugliness of the other tribe....even though we do not se ours. While generally Filipinos are friendly, hospitable and happy people, most of us are an undisciplined bunch.

But I'm a person who believes that hope springs eternal. So, I have a firm conviction that we will rise someday, mabye not during my time...but in the time of my children or their children.

Don't loose hope. Be like a flower in the desert: though it will not rain for months, the lowly flower knows that rain would come someday...

Wag naman Civil War, can't imagine living in fear each and everyday, where a stray bullet or a land mine might end your life or maim you. I saw some feature documentaries in CNN, National Geographic and Discovery, I still feel lucky that I can eat three meals a day, have a home and family. People in war torn nations can't say the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
overhaul the country!!