New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just want to ask the opinions of fellow tsikoteers regarding this situation. Our sales agent was shot by an unknown person and the motive was believed to be robbery. The sales agent was shot at work in the field.

What's our legal &/or moral obligation to the agent? Until what extent should we support or help the agent? I've consulted with lawyers and they have different opinions.

The agent is still in the hospital (private) and there's a big chance of being paralyzed waist down. I have assured the family that the company will shoulder the hospital expenses. But what if the agent will stay in the hospital for weeks or months?

Can I just offer them a one time monetary settlement so I won't be bothered with this anymore?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I just want to ask the opinions of fellow tsikoteers regarding this situation. Our sales agent was shot by an unknown person and the motive was believed to be robbery. The sales agent was shot at work in the field.

What's our legal &/or moral obligation to the agent? Until what extent should we support or help the agent? I've consulted with lawyers and they have different opinions.

The agent is still in the hospital (private) and there's a big chance of being paralyzed waist down. I have assured the family that the company will shoulder the hospital expenses. But what if the agent will stay in the hospital for weeks or months?

Can I just offer them a one time monetary settlement so I won't be bothered with this anymore?
    Same thing happened to my father years ago. Na-holdup yung ahente niya at nasaksak pa. Sinagot ni erpats lahat ng hospital bills at dirediretso ang salary since wala naman insurance. Small company lang kasi. Umabot yata ng 3-4months ang pagpapagaling. Matapos gumaling eh bumalik uli sa trabaho.

Ang tanong boss boybi. Hanggang saan mo kayang tulungan ang mga tao mo na nadisgrasya dahil sa negosyo mo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Question is, are you up to date with your philhealth, sss and accident insurance?

SSS and Insurance should cover for pension and disability.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang alam ko nung ma-stroke yung isang driver ng kaibigan ko, sinagot nila ang hospitalization (doctor, hospital, gamot). Pero nung hindi na maka-drive after, binigyan naman ng separation pay (sorry hindi ko alam ang pag compute nun).

Ang alam ko nag-extend din ng assistance sa anak para makatapos ng pag-aaral and makapag-trabaho after.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    Same thing happened to my father years ago. Na-holdup yung ahente niya at nasaksak pa. Sinagot ni erpats lahat ng hospital bills at dirediretso ang salary since wala naman insurance. Small company lang kasi. Umabot yata ng 3-4months ang pagpapagaling. Matapos gumaling eh bumalik uli sa trabaho.

Ang tanong boss boybi. Hanggang saan mo kayang tulungan ang mga tao mo na nadisgrasya dahil sa negosyo mo?
    Mas maganda na tanong ito.

All or nothing.

Unfortunately there is no middle ground.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Ang alam ko nung ma-stroke yung isang driver ng kaibigan ko, sinagot nila ang hospitalization (doctor, hospital, gamot). Pero nung hindi na maka-drive after, binigyan naman ng separation pay (sorry hindi ko alam ang pag compute nun).

Ang alam ko nag-extend din ng assistance sa anak para makatapos ng pag-aaral and makapag-trabaho after.
    This as far as I know is the tradition by small businesses. Matatapos din naman ang scholar nyo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And alam ko subject to terms pa din yung scholarship (e.g. hindi naman honor, wag lang bagsak) and 4 year course at the most plus other fine print.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    And alam ko subject to terms pa din yung scholarship (e.g. hindi naman honor, wag lang bagsak) and 4 year course at the most plus other fine print.
    Usually bawal ang mag boyfriend or girlfriend habang nag aaral.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kumpleto naman SSS and Philhealth. College graduate na mga anak. Yung isa may asawa na.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    after hospitalization.. kung gagaling.. tapos hindi na fit to work.. you can retrenched him.. pero mas malaki yata computation.. parang 1 month salary for every year instead of 1/2 month salary.. then he can file for disability sa SSS..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Our sales agent was shot