New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi,

I've been lurking at tsikot for quiet some time now. Please help me on what to do.

the car is working fine but the service advisor advises to replace the parts. i was surprise of the huge amount that is needed to replace the parts. I requested for extended warranty on this. at the same time, i was already thinking of selling the car. luckily i was able to sell it right away (because i took care of the car well) ..but right after it was sold, i got a letter from the plant that they will replace the parts for free, but not labor.
    I have sold my car a few weeks back due to personal reasons one of which is performance. I have gotten a letter from the plant and they will replace some of the parts due to manufacturing defect. I have sold my car and now, i am thinking if i should tell the new owner about this or not. the only thing the new owner will pay for is labor and some consumable items.

should i tell the new owner or not.

i want to tell the new owner because I know I sold the car with good intentions, but i'm afraid of the reaction.

insights pls.

if you were the new owner, how would you react?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would send a message to the new owner regarding the parts and labor thing and let him decide if he would have it changed and pay for the labor.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    If I'm on your shoes, I should tell the new owner of the letter.

If I'm the new owner, I will be glad that the parts will be replaced for free and have a better 2nd hand car. But maybe my problem will be, if I can afford the labor from the casa which is a lot higher. It may not be on my budget at the moment.

But when I bought a 5 year old car, the first thing I did is to have it checked at the casa to make sure that my drive will be at least worry free.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    better tell to the new owner...

Atleast your become honest, swerte na nga nila kasi the parts is for free and labor lang babayaran nila, kasi pag nagkaproblema yan tapos dinala nila sa ibang service station, mavo void yung letter na binigay sa yo, sayang naman...

Be honest na lang, baka pasalamatan ka pa..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you have to tell the new owner, it's not your fault that the part/s are faulty in fact the car dealers admitted this thru the letter

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If i personally know the buyer, i will tell. If not....i don't know.

He might think that I sold my car because of the "lemoness" and might opt for a return policy thing....

Chances are the casa will replace the parts because of the belief that it is under your name still. But might refuse it pagnalaman na it no longer belongs to you. The casa alwyas love alibi o anything to get away from it.

If kaya naman ng budget mo at hindi kaya ng conscience mo, tell the buyer about and you just pay for the labor.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks guys for the opinions.. very much appreciated.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    labor charge is around P8-10k; parts is like P60-P70k

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    same sentiments here.

At least you have cleared your conscience on any problems that those manufacturing defects may cause the new owner, much more if there are any danger on those parts that needs to be replaced.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    you have to tell the new owner, it's not your fault that the part/s are faulty in fact the car dealers admitted this thru the letter
    actually..i requested the plant to warranty the parts...and luckily it was granted although the car has no warranty for more than 2 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
opinions pls: help needed