New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P100 is for philpost handling iba pa yun charge ng custom. Mura lang yan Cathy. P200 siguro I-charge sayo ng custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    So there's a possibility since the MAGLITE is available here then I will pay higher? How I wish they had a contact number and we could just inquire how much it will cost
    Most likely they will not charge you for the item but MAYBE for shipping. Sa pagka alam ko $10 & below no duties. I think it is worth the effort.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Okay thanks. I'll try my luck then

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    I used to order bluray movies on Amazon. I placed the order and checked out the same way but there were times when they were shipped at home and other times i had to pick it up at the post office. I didn't notice it on the website (Amazon) but is it stated there if it would be delivered to your door or at the post office?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Most likely they will not charge you for the item but MAYBE for shipping. Sa pagka alam ko $10 & below no duties. I think it is worth the effort.
    Nope! It's now $3 and below Ang walang duties. Used to $10 then lower to $5 now it's $3. Short daw collection nila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the tip. When they ask me how much I will say probably P100. It's key chain flashlight lang naman hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I remember paying 200/300 yata each for a $3 tempered glass screen protector, $6 Google Cardboard, $2 TPU phone case. Hiwa hiwalay yan btw. Nakakainis talaga pag mas mahal pa binayaran sa post office vs sa item na binili mo they ask the value then dun ata nila i assess yung fee na babayaran mo sa Customs, so I take screenshots of the site where I buy them.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I received a notice from Philippine Postal Corporation to claim a package. I think this is the reward item I claimed from my airline points. It's a Maglite Solitaire K3A012. I think this costs around P500 (?) but I got it for free from my points.

Does anyone know if I will still be charged by customs since the item is just a gift? There is a note for me to bring paypal or credit card bill e I have none. Now I am wondering if it is still worth picking up.
    if the item was locally sourced, there should be no customs duty.
    but you may be charged post office fees.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It was mailed from UK

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    I remember paying 200/300 yata each for a $3 tempered glass screen protector, $6 Google Cardboard, $2 TPU phone case. Hiwa hiwalay yan btw. Nakakainis talaga pag mas mahal pa binayaran sa post office vs sa item na binili mo they ask the value then dun ata nila i assess yung fee na babayaran mo sa Customs, so I take screenshots of the site where I buy them.
    They have a manual where they have the schedule of duties, depending on the classification of the item. Agricultural items would have lower duties. Commonly imported items are cell phones, shoes etc are assessed higher since it is available locally, like those you brought in. Overall, after the. let of the item, the shipping & customs duties, would turn out cheaper if bought locally. This is why I try to look for those that offer free shipping. Try buying through eBay from HK or Korea. Some of them offer free shipping.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Online Shopping, International Shipping and Customs