New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung paisa isang item lang ang gusto nyong bilhin like sa amazon.. you can ask galleon.ph to buy it for you.. just send them the link... ofcourse may patong sila for the shipping.. reasonable naman..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^ i guess so, lalo na pag maliit na items lang binili mo

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^^ wala na eh. only adidas brings in their tennis line consistently and those fly off the rack in a heartbeat. kaya a lot of enthusiasts here are suki of tennis warehouse usa but they have it shipped them via their relatives kaya medyo matagal

what courier do you use ba if you want them sent over here in a jiffy?

btw, if you use stan smith for tennis nowadays, paniguradong mag-iimbita ka ng mga bisita sa burol ng mga kuko mo sa paa kinabukasan :rofl01:
    Amazon is so addicting. The shoes are so much cheaper.

I only use sea freight because it is cheap, no weight limit and delivered to your doorstep. LBC's small balikbayan box costs USD35. It takes 28 to 30 days from CA. You need a friend or relative nga lang to pack all your stuff in the box.

You use new balance for running diba? Do they have a decent tennis line?

Stan Smith fashion sneakers lang talaga hehe

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    cosmic: new balance actually has an excellent tennis line. the problem is they don't sell it here anymore afaik

qwerty and zenmasterstyl: thanks for the info mga bos!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Note that there are 2 kinds of international shipping on amazon. Amazon Global would include estimated import/custom fees which would be refunded if you were charged more than what Amazon was charged in customs. If Amazon makes a mistake of under charging your estimate, they pay for it. The other kind of international shipping is the regular one where Amazon DOES NOT ask you for custom fees. In this scenario, there is a chance your need to pay for custom fees at customs or post office and worse you need to go there physically to pick up your item.

Full disclosure, we're from Galleon - Homepage, an online store similar to Amazon where we focus on items not available in the Philippines. We source the items for your and handle everything else from purchase, shipping, customs and delivery door to door. Great if you don't have a card or if the item doesn't have Amazon global shipping or if you don't want to talk to 2 parties (amazon and shipper/forwarder). We also don't charge minimum weight (usually 2lbs for other forwarders) since we consolidate and pro rate it based on the item size/weight so shipping turns out cheaper. Prices are in Local currency Php and we accept all payment modes

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I received a notice from Philippine Postal Corporation to claim a package. I think this is the reward item I claimed from my airline points. It's a Maglite Solitaire K3A012. I think this costs around P500 (?) but I got it for free from my points.

Does anyone know if I will still be charged by customs since the item is just a gift? There is a note for me to bring paypal or credit card bill e I have none. Now I am wondering if it is still worth picking up.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I received a notice from Philippine Postal Corporation to claim a package. I think this is the reward item I claimed from my airline points. It's a Maglite Solitaire K3A012. I think this costs around P500 (?) but I got it for free from my points.

Does anyone know if I will still be charged by customs since the item is just a gift? There is a note for me to bring paypal or credit card bill e I have none. Now I am wondering if it is still worth picking up.
    They always ask for PayPal receipt, but you can always explain that it is a reward & you did not buy it. There are papers in the package naman.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    There was a time I bought rain visors for my car from eBay in Korea. It was shipped via EMS & I had to claim it in the CPO near the airport. Wrong move. Customs tax you higher pala if the item you imported is available in the Philippines.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    There was a time I bought rain visors for my car from eBay in Korea. It was shipped via EMS & I had to claim it in the CPO near the airport. Wrong move. Customs tax you higher pala if the item you imported is available in the Philippines.
    So there's a possibility since the MAGLITE is available here then I will pay higher? How I wish they had a contact number and we could just inquire how much it will cost

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Usually they charge 100 pesos every package before releasing, thats what they charge me everytime I order online Aliexpress or Ebay

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Online Shopping, International Shipping and Customs