New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    hey guys, just want some info on how really safe buying online using credit card. i'd like to buy a piece of expensive watch, the supplier Orolus.com is based at the US and Fedex forwarder is their official carrier. Actually, its possible for the customer to track down his airway bill tracking number, but is this really safe on any fraud using my credit card?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Orolus? the price of their Oris TT2 compared with the same model i got from the local emporiums are much higher. i think it will be cheaper to get them locally.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    i'm currently at Switzerland, i tried to compare some of the retail stores prices here vs. the prices online and i found the Tag Heuer Formula1 is US$100 cheaper than here. Also, some prominent brands new model watches is more cheaper at online.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm kala ko pinas ka, in that case baka nga mas mura..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ako bumibili online, okay naman... check with your customs... baka may sabit...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes tax ang pamatay dyan

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    just use firefox as your browser. (labo ba? heheh.)

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    it always depends on the seller. If the seller is reputable, then no problems (eg Amazon). I think you should research first on the seller. See if there are any complaints. Like for Photography equipment, there are only 2 or 3 quite reliable shops and hundreds of rip offs. Usually if there are complaints you can find them on the net...like in the newsgroups...etc.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I sometimes buy online, but I wouldn't recommend it. There are always risk when using your credit card online. I just might be paranoid but i think its better to be safe than sorry.

Online Buying How Safe?