New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    our office recently suffered a series of power outages last tuesday night. lo and behold, none of the installed emergency lights worked! our office is relatively new -- we just moved in june 2002. we bought the said emergency lights(OMNI ung brand, orange/green ung colors ng emblem) soon after. We bought three lights, none of which turned on when the power went out, and all the while it was plugged on, it wasn't charging! pang display lang pala sya, as if it would actually prevent blackouts from happening just because they were plugged in.

pano na if there was a real emergency, like fire or earthquake? you'd be stuck groping in the dark, probably getting trampled on 'coz people are panicking because they can't see a damn thing

if it were a light bulb, etc. i wouldn't make such a fuss...what do you expect from that "made in china" sh!t, right? eto kasi, intended for emergencies eh. so all along it just gives you a false sense of security -- when a real emergency strikes, you're on your own, bro.

i've already reccommended to the higher ups to never, ever buy that OMNI crap. iwasan nyo na ung OMNI na brand, baka makadisgrasya pa yan. might as well buy a reputable brand -- think of it as paying extra for insurance. as they say, you get what you pay for.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    btw, this is no hoax, no black propaganda thing. this actually happened. if you want proof, you can pm me and i'll gladly show you the three pieces of crap we used as emergency lights in our office.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im also in the light industry, i know omni, the brand's products are made in china nga, but don't generalize all china products as crap. depende yan sa importer. i have emergency lights but made in china n may kamahalan. you shoukd ask urself 1st, did u get it cheap, if yes then u got what u paid for, d tumatagal talaga. if u want i can sample u my emergency lights. hehe. glad no 1 got hurt dun sa poweer outage that happened in ur bldg.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we had some of those omni emergnecy lights at home before, madali nga masira hehe :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    few hundred pesos lang yan kasi, if u want emergency lights that really last, those are a little more expensive.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    KCboy, me marecommend ka bang ok na brand? the office is still 3 emergency lights short...

let me clarify na lang ung sinabi kong made in china...i guess it isn't fair to generalize. what i meant was those really cheap brands like OMNI that are obviously made of cheap plastics, a little rough handling, maybe just by sheer "age", the plastic would crack. they seem like a good deal, but they aren't.

some companies have better quality control i guess. at least for me i'm conviced OMNI isn't one of them.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi lang OMNI ang lousy ang quality. Most cheap emergency lights are also like that.

Hingi ka na lang ng advice kay KCboy since lights ang biz niya.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually what i do is, and this is the hard part of importing from china, u look for the factories that american companies US n german companies sub contract, and u buy their products but without the brand so u save a little on the brand name and that's how i do business. i even sell my emergency lights with 6 months warranty n i also use my emergency lights, sa office, in my hotel, my stores n my bldg para matesting ko din. so far ha, 2 years na, and still running. high 1k plus nga lang isa...masmahal pa pag may exit sign.hehe.
    Last edited by KCboy; May 20th, 2005 at 07:43 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron akong omni emergency lights dito...magdadalawang taon na at satisfied pa rin ako...

Tama si KCboy you get what you pay for... baka yung OMNI na nakuha niyo eh mababang class. Tell your boss not to skimp on the emergency lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
OMNI emergency lights suck!