New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ombudsman Simeon Marcelo resigns

First posted 02:08pm (Mla time) Sept 30, 2005
    By Tetch Torres
    INQ7.net

OMBUDSMAN Simeon Marcelo has resigned, according to a copy of his letter to President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

Marcelo said his resignation is effective November 30.

Marcelo was appointed in 2002 after Aniano Desierto's seven-year term ended.

Prior to his appointment, Marcelo

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bitin ha...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ombudsman quits

First posted 02:08pm (Mla time) Sept 30, 2005
    By Tetch Torres
    INQ7.net

(UPDATE) OMBUDSMAN Simeon Marcelo is resigning from his post effective November 30, according to a copy of his letter to President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo obtained by INQ7.net.

In his letter dated September 30, Marcelo cited health reasons for his irrevocable resignation.

"Due to health reasons, I respectfully tender my irrevocable resignation from my current position as Ombudsman effective upon the end of office hours on November 30," Marcelo said.

"Unfortunately, my usual schedule of working seven days a week since I joined the government in February 2001 has exacted a heavy toll on my health, leaving me physically and mentally exhausted," he said.

Marcelo was appointed on Oct. 10, 2002 after Aniano Desierto's seven-year term ended.

Prior to his position as ombudsman, Marcelo served as solicitor-general.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dami yatang nagkakasakit sa gobyerno. Not enough vitamins...
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 30th, 2005 at 03:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    health reasons? read -- death threats

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Signs of the the times. G-men now live dangerous lives. Essentially, there is a war brewing among government agencies, G-men vs G-men.

Sana sila sila na lang at huwag ng mandamay sa private sector.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Di kaya the Ombudsman is resigning... Alam niya that the GMA government would not last long....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di kakayanin ng "vitamins" ang gobyernong to.

ika nga...parang cancer, bilang na ang bawat sandali.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Tamad
    Di kaya the Ombudsman is resigning... Alam niya that the GMA government would not last long....
    yun ata Ombudsman position independent kung sino nakaupo sa palasyo under the law.

just like the BSP Governor or Subic Chairman para walang nepotism or appointment.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Tamad
    Malabo yan. Marcelo is connected with Carpio, Villaraza and Cruz, law office of Mike Arroyo.

Ombudsman Resigns!