New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Oo nga. '71 Chevelle. And a Cougar too.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    iyon VICTORY Taxi ..di ba iyon ang TOYOPET?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    OT: we used to have a Torana before. That is were I learned how to drive. Used that car til college. It has a 1.8L Opel engine. Sobrang tibay ng car na yan. When it was still new, our car was often borrowed para gamitin sa mga parade. One time hiniram yun para gamitin ng mga Ms. Philippines contestants when they visited our province.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yes, I'm old enough (but not that old!) to remember most of the cars in your post e.g. the Toyopet, the Torana (my uncle stll has one in good running condition), that ten-seater jeepney, the VW Beetle, the Ford Cortina(?), etc.

Mas matitibay ang kaha nung mga tsikot nung araw compared to todays cars.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    am not familiar with the Chevelle. sino po ba nagmanufacture and nagdistribute nyang car dito? Saw one last year in one of the motorshows

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    am not familiar with the Chevelle. sino po ba nagmanufacture and nagdistribute nyang car dito? Saw one last year in one of the motorshows
    AFAIK, Chevrolet had an office here in Manila from the late 50's to the early-to-mi 60's. Back during the day the "big three" of the U.S. automotive industry had a strong presence in the Philippines because back then, Japanese cars were more of a novelty so you don't see many of them on the street. Sabi nga ng yumao kong tatay, nung araw daw (50's to early/mid 60's), kapag may American car or European car ka (at bago), eh siguradong mayaman ka.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Oo nga. '71 Chevelle. And a Cougar too.
    Either that or a Chevy Nova. They look almost alike. But, the other car's defintely a Cougar.

Expanding the picture even more......... Yep. Chevelle.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 21st, 2006 at 11:06 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes its a chevelle! kamukha nong kay turbo a (or was his an ss?) :D

ditto what nic said, yung friendly neighborhood mechanic ko nga used to work for Chrysler(or was it Ford? basta one of the big three). try to talk to old mechanics, most of them know a lot about old cars kasi they probably learned their craft on those.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Any idea where that parking lot with the Chevelle was taken from? I mean it looks familiar. But, I can't quite place it.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Any idea where that parking lot with the Chevelle was taken from? I mean it looks familiar. But, I can't quite place it.
    Two probable places: 1.) Cubao ara in Q.C. 2.) At the Makati Business District during it's infancy.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Old School Cars in Manila - Naabutan nyo po ba ito?