Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Willie Revillame axed
    from ABS-CBN noontime show
    Posted: 9:57 PM (Manila Time) | Jan. 02, 2004
    By Marinel Cruz
    Inquirer News Service

THREE strikes and he's out... permanently.

Broadcasting giant ABS-CBN has terminated the contract of Willie Revillame as host of the noontime variety show "Masayang Tanghali Bayan."

In a statement sent to the Inquirer, ABS-CBN said it terminated its agreement with Revillame after he again "uttered offensive remarks" on the show. The termination was effective Jan. 1.

But Revillame claimed that he was not terminated.

"I resigned," he told the Inquirer over the phone, saying he filed his resignation letter on Dec. 28.

The network's decision to terminate Revillame's contract was prompted by a complaint made by the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) about Revillame's use of double-meaning jokes.

On Dec. 23, MTRCB chairperson Consoliza Laguardia and a three-member adjudication board met with ABS-CBN executives to complain about Revillame's conduct in the Dec. 19 episode of "MTB."

In that episode, Revillame greeted co-host Mahal, who was celebrating her birthday, by saying, "Sana ma-devirginize ka na."

Revillame also introduced guest Ogie Alcasid as "the Big Bird of Asia." Alcasid was with Regine Velasquez, who is known as Asia's Songbird.

Revillame said the remarks he made had "no malicious intent" but were mere "slip of the tongue."

The ABS-CBN statement said: "While the network acknowledges the contribution of Mr. Revillame to the program and is saddened by this development, it remains committed in strictly carrying out self-regulation policies, which ultimately is for the benefit and protection of the viewing public."

It was the third time Revillame was punished for alleged vulgar behavior.

In 1999, the MTRCB suspended Revillame and co-hosts John Estrada and Randy Santiago for alleged vulgar behavior and treatment of contestants in the Calendar Girl segment of the show.

Last July, ABS-CBN suspended Revillame and Estrada for a week for using the terms "BJ," which is widely understood to mean "blow job," and "Jack Call," which is a euphemism for masturbation.

In another episode, Revillame and Estrada teased Mahal about her cleavage, the censors noted.
    i guess it was just a matter of time for that sleazy bastard.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not siding with Wille pero lahat na lang ata nirereklamo ng MTRCB. Mga moralist hypocrites talaga yung mga yun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sa Eat Bulaga parang isang beses ko lang narining na winarningan ng MTRCB...pero IMHO i don't like their kind of comedy either...ung tipong pinapahiya sobra ung tao/cohost

Anyone here read Beerkada? Anggaleng nung isang strip nila on this topic B).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: I love beerkada. Pati yung satire nila ng ROTC super funny! hehehehe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ang corny naman ng mga taong nagsumbong... sobra tlagang conservative dto!! GRRR

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala naman atang nagsusumbong. MTB is always on the 'to-view' list ng MTRCB. Lahat na lang ng jokes nirereklamo nila. Pero its only once in a while that it gets as big as this.

Akala mo naman kung sinong mga malilinis ang tao dun.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    panget at inappropriate naman talaga yung humor ni willie e, sa noon-time show pa na pinapanood ng bata

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree... buti nga sa kanya... :D

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Wawa naman yung tao. Pero ok lang sa kanya yun, much money naman sya.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kaya rin ba wala na yung willingly yours ba yon.. prang wish ko lang sa chanel 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Old habits die hard