Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    san ka ba pareng karl?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee
    san ka ba pareng karl?

etelecare ngayon, bukas hmm.... ewan ko lang..... tsk tsk ssshhhhh..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen
    career wise roninblade meron.... as technical support, sa amin there are two different paths that you can take up.. its either you go for the technical path or go to the leadership path..

under technical path nandun yung trainings, certifications from microsoft, etc.

under leadership path yun yung mga TL, floor manager, etc..

mabilis ang growth depende sa performance mo sa floor. every 3mos you can be promoted and the salary goes ++ everytime you are promoted. + incentives every 3months...
    [SIZE=2] im for technical & leadership path... [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    how about convergy's??? they gave me a job offer for technical support

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I've worked with SYKES between 1999 - 2003, now I am working with another Center here in Makati. In the short 3+ years, there were a lot of changes in the direction the call center industry took here and in the US.

As far as SYKES' stability is concerned, it is a stable operation, as with other call centers most of these are foreign companies and are mostly public. Their corporate financial data are available to their investors (the public) in corporate websites, or basic information and performance can be checked from Hoovers and other financial websites.

Tying all the inquiries together (the compensation package, training opportunities, and growth, work environment, security) my opinion is that it is ultimately tied to your own performance in the company. We do try to make it as pleasant as possible for each and everyone here but I would suggest the thinking that every employee everywhere would owe it up to themselves to make their own working environment a good one.

In 5 short years I've gone from agent/techsupport to implementation manager and could not see this growth elsewhere. Eventually the growth in Call Centers will slow down with the saturation but I hope that everyone would take what they learned in making this businesses run to the next company/industry they join.

Here's a helpful link about the industry your going into where it's roots are and what direction it's taking...

www.callcentermagazine.com

some of the centers you might want to check out

Sykes
    Convergys
    Infonxx
    People Support
    Sitel
    APAC
    Epixtar
    Vision X
    Teradyne (Cebu only)
    HSBC
    Cresent (Citigroup)
    West
    Accenture

Hope this helps everyone.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i'm one of those people interested in call centers. thanks for the link!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hi, im currently working as a system support engineer in a telco company. sad to say sobrang baba ng sweldo namin and napaka basic ng benefits (health card lang). meron bang position sa mga call centers na hindi shifting and mon-fri lang ang pasok preferably technical position? ito kasi ang problema ko if i apply sa mga call centers. my wife is pregnant so i need to be with her every night just in case something happens...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    oks ba ang convergys any feedback on the benefits and is there pay competitive

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by alnr
    hi, im currently working as a system support engineer in a telco company. sad to say sobrang baba ng sweldo namin and napaka basic ng benefits (health card lang). meron bang position sa mga call centers na hindi shifting and mon-fri lang ang pasok preferably technical position? ito kasi ang problema ko if i apply sa mga call centers. my wife is pregnant so i need to be with her every night just in case something happens...

mukhang malabo dude... knowing call centers operations is 24/7.... pero swerte po kung sa IT dept ka directly... but i still doubt if pang umaga lang po... 8to5pm...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by marv0083
    oks ba ang convergys any feedback on the benefits and is there pay competitive

ok din.... dami na lumipat from etel diyan...

Ok ba sa Sykes Asia, Inc.?