New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oakleys are worth it! Almost 4 years na yung glasses ko and wala ako complaints so far. Yung Square Wire 2.0 Polarized yung nabili ko ng 2002. Sabi ng Oakley salesman noon sa akin na mas maganda yung polarized lenses 'coz it lessens glare to a tolerable level not to mention na di blurred yung natural color definiton ng mga mata natin. Sobra kasi glare kapag mataas yung araw tapos makapal yung snow sa ground (paranf salamin yung effect).

Kahit mahal sila, pero sulit naman. I even gave my wife a Bottlecap kasi sold ako sa producst nila. Nag-iipon na rin ako pambili ng polarized na Half Jacket XLJ para pang-outdoors and driving.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by x2pher
    Guys I am contemplating of getting one as a Christmas gift for myself, do you think shelling out 17K for an Oakley Juliet worth it? I can’t stop thinking about it ever since I saw the pair on a sunglass store hehehe.

personally, NO. Given that the same money can get you either a very good celfone, a decent computer upgrade, a relatively big flatscreen TV, a fairly good entry level brand name digital camera, etc ... I'd rather get those other items.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    right now.... sobrang taas na ng presyo ng oakley... yung juliet/romeo is now around 20K... before 12K lang yun.

pero sulit siya before... less than 10K ang bili ko sa a-wires before.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Dunno about you guys but I broke the hinges of my A wires when I recklessly placed a 5 gallon water container over it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Dunno about you guys but I broke the hinges of my A wires when I recklessly placed a 5 gallon water container over it.
    as far as i know, you can have it replaced. na-loose thread yung mga screws ng juliet ko, i just brought it back to the optical shop, paid around P800 and i got an entirely new frame! at least bago na ulit yung frame, di repaired

for me sulit kasi pang-matagalan sya. pwede naman palitan yung mga lenses pag nag-sawa ka...wag lang yung iridium type lens kasi sobrang gasgasin at kelangan talagang ingatan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i bought myself raybans after i checked the oakleys.everyone has an oakley. they are sooooo overrated. you can get a pair of raybans with the same, if not higher quality.cheaper pa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Have had my Oakley Juliet Ruby Red lenses for over 4 years now. Still in great condition and use them everyday for driving.

Got it for about 20k and still think it was a great purchase.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wear prescription glasses. So, I use clip-on shades that clip on all sides (and not the flip-up type).

If I have some time, I'll eventtually get glasses with sun-sensitive lens.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    i bought myself raybans after i checked the oakleys.everyone has an oakley. they are sooooo overrated. you can get a pair of raybans with the same, if not higher quality.cheaper pa.
    Yeah, old school.

I am hoping they have retained the results of Bausch and Lomb's extensive R&D all those years, even though Ray Ban is owned by another company now, and keep the technology in the product.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yes.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Are Oakley sunglasses worth the cost?