New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Two days ago may bakbakan ng NPA and Military sa Tiaong,

I got this details in an inuman with one of the first people that were on the scene about 5 minutes after the first encounter...

The source was a resident in Tiaong with an ex-military background (retired na siya)...they reached the scene about 5 mins after the fire-fight...naka-alis/tago na yung mga NPA rebels.

The compiled scenario was that 10 NPA rebs commandeerd a high side long truck in Lucban and fetched some comrades in the area after villa escudero. Since the truck was high side, covered sila....almost a hundred daw ang laman ng truck. Then a besta was ahead of them serving as a recon/lead.

Unfortunately, upon reaching the area ng Shell gas station (papasok ng Tiaong bayan)...nasiraan ang truck. The Neps had to stop passing vechicle to pull the truck dahil hindi pedeng bumaba ang mga tao na laman ng truck dahil puro armas ang mag ito.

They were able to flag-down and convince the driver ng isang truck ng abono. They towed the other truck .... unfortunately, nag loosen ang tali ng panghila nila when they have just passed the munisipyo ng Tiaong in an area na medyo pataas (about 500 meters away from the munisipyo). So they had to stop and repair the tow hitch.

In the process, a group of about 6 police was on their way from the other side (kasalubong)...apparently, someone alerted the police about the incident kasi nakita yata ang mga baril nung pinapara nila yung hihila ng truck nila. So inireport na baka ito ay isang hi-jack scenario. Pagbaba ng mga pulis, pinagbabaril na sila ng mga nsa besta na Neps. One of the police was killed on the spot bago pa sila makapagtago.

Labasan ang ibang nasa truck na neps at nakipag-barilan sa mga pulis. One of the police was good enough with his AK and was able to shoot some neps. Some of the neps were wounded as evident of blood in the site. They now traversed the outskirts toward candelaria.

After about 5 mins, dumating yung nagkuwento sa akin (the site of the initial firefight was the national highway sa tiaong town area). Helped out the police (4 was wounded, 1 dead and another was okay - nakapagtago ng husay siguro).

Behind the scenes:

Kaya inabot pa ng almost 3 hours pa ang mga militar na tumugis duon kasi natakot na yung mga pulis...obviously hindi nila kaya habulin kasi ang mga dala ay 60 caliber, 50 caliber and M203 (as evidence ng mga empty shell nito sa site ng firefight). They had to summon the military to take over.

Halos 30 mins pa mula ng barila bago dumating ang chief ng tiaong pulis (dress in civilian pa)...natakot din kasi dun pa lang sa tunog ng barilan alam nila na hindi hi-jacker yun naka-enkuentro.

On the truck, they also found 3 or 4 buckets of various bullets for the 50 and 60 caliber guns and some homemade landmines.

Apparently, the Neps were supposed to take down the police station in Taguan, Quezon (nearly 4 to 8 km away) and bring down the cell site along the way (globe and smart yata ang madadaanan) ng candelaria.

Dahil nausyami ang lakad hindi na natuloy.... in the process ng takbuhan nila, medyo nagkahiwalay-hiwalay na original group (I think the news said na halos 60 people nalang ang lulan ng 4 jeepney that they tried to commandeerd again sa Candelaria kagabi/umaga.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ano nangyari dun sa pulis na naka-AK

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may tama pero buhay...mahusay daw talaga yun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang layo kasi ng military checkpoint, doon pa yon sa may calauag

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    ano nangyari dun sa pulis na naka-AK
    Nag-i-iissue na ba nung AK yong gov't natin?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi nag-iisue pero if you are a police and you can get one (maraming paraan, last time I checked an AK is about P30k to 50k) and have it legalized as your personal baril. Even sa military ganun din, normally the bosses will carry a personal weapon than a weapon issued by the barracks/armory. Haven't you noticed that whenever meron nahuli or sumurender the rebelde ang mga armas na ipinakikita ay puro garand or kaya bulok na paltik...the real goods ones are already itinabi...finders-keepers.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    magaling nga yun pulis na yun, sa sobrang ingay ng baril eh madami pa sya pinatamaan

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    really got worried when my wife called me a few days back that these SOB's where already at the outskirts of our town....i really wanted to get the first plane back...but thank God the situation got better with the govt troops controlling the situation....

i do hope they pursue them relentlessly, i cant help not to think of the time deposed Pres. Erap's effort to pulvurize Camp Abu Bakar in Mindanao (one of the few bright spots in his short term).....i do hope GMA's admin. can do the same..or at least wipe out a couple of major bases of these b*st#rds!

that will surely make them think twice!!!

kaya pagbalik ko i'll get an AK & maybe a shotgun too...aside from the handguns that i have at home...iba na din yung may mahaba!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    dami talaga NPA diyan sa Quezon ..

naalala ko noon nag swimming kami diyan .ng bandang hapon bgla dumami ang nakabaril iyon pala minamatyagan kami ..
    at iyon kasama ko sa work naka pangasawa taga Quezon later na lang niya nalaman puro NPA pala ang mga in-laws nya ..ayaw naman isoli misis niya ..takot cguro

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    dami dyan talaga sa probinsya namin. sobrang gandang pagtaguan kasi mabundok talaga. hindi na nga ako makakauwi ngayong december

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
NPA vs Military in Tiaong