Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mga security guard di na nagchecheck, sahod nalang ng xmas box nla heheh

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    Balasubas ang mga batang carollers ngayon.
    Hindi na kasi sila mga residente ng lugar nyo. Karamihan dyan mga namamalimos sa kalsada pag umaga, carollers sa gabi.

sent via Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Mga decorations, definitely mas konti na ngayon. Carolling...kahit dati pa naman wala na masyadong carollers except for the street kids. No danger of the mall culture fading anytime soon.

Possible reasons:

-- imho, people are busier these days...which is good, because that means they have jobs, but bad, because they have less time for family, etc.

-- there are far more distractions now than then, so there's lesser time for the traditional stuff like decorating, carolling, etc.

-- perhaps the younger generation aren't that into the traditional way of celebrating Christmas, and the generation that did aren't that motivated any more.

-- dunno where the government bases its inflation figures, but prices have definitely gone up this year. That would take a bite out of anyone's Christmas spirit.

-- Traffic's no help as well. Travel time is usually a little over 1.5 hours, last Friday it took 3+ hours. Whatever time lost in transit is gonna take a bite out of your quality time.

-- maybe people just straight up don't want to be pressured with having Christmas "spirit". This is what stresses people out, and brings out the worst in people sometimes, so maybe they tend to scale down on the celebration, para makaiwas din sa stress.
    Last edited by badkuk; December 20th, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm glad my Mom is retired. She has all the time in the world to decorate :bwahaha:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ang di lang nag bago is yung mga basurero na araw araw kumakatok para mang hingi ng pamasko. Also yung mga kartero na may kadikit na sobre sa mga sulat.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ako naman may ginagawang kabalbalan this Christmas. Since I have so many groups and Kris Kringle to attend. I pretended that I will always be out of Manila this Christmas. i was required by my company to hands on everything even on Christmas Day. And I used the Facebook location button so many times when I prentended out of Manila para lusot and used target audience feature to the public to group together all my friends that will see the fake location FB post

Grabe laki natipid ko sa kris kringle and all those obligatory stuff.

What I did was to shop around starting 9pm to 12am para walang chance encounters, and did it on a weekday

Ngaun nakabili ko yun mga talaga ng gusto ko bilhin Tipid sa Kris Kringle, more budget for what I really wanted to have this Christmas. Ang laki pala ma-save pag walang Christmas obligations

No Christmas spirit I guess. But I'm happier.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I spent the whole day yesterday wrapping gifts. I really take time in wrapping/decorating it nicely. My friends say they look forward to it every xmas and it makes me so happy

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Cath, this is the no Christmas spirit thread. Dapat yun ginawa mo ngaun na mala-Scrooge ang I-share mo

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hindi lahat ng inaanak binilhan ko ng gift

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Hindi lahat ng inaanak binilhan ko ng gift

Same here, barat ako na ninong. Sa binyag yes generous ako, but I'm not one of those na complete listed ang gifts/monetary presents.

Pag ka-close ko yung parents or relative ko mismo yun inaanak surely they can expect a present from me.

Ang hirap kasi tumanggi or hindi pa talaga ako tumanggi pag sinabing kukunin ako na ninong, yun mga tipong ganun sa binyag lang ako nagreregalo hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast