New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lifted from the col of Philip S. Chua M.D from malaya 220504

Last Ash Wednesday, I went with a friend to Globe Telecom at the Ayala Shopping Mall in Cebu. About five minutes after we got to the parking area, I saw a van backing out of a space, so I positioned my car on the left side of the driveway to make it easier for me to negotiate into the parking slot. I turned on my right turn signal to indicate that I was waiting for the van to exit. A short middle-aged "lady" behind me suddenly drove her gorgeous-looking CR-V right in front of my car, and refused to budge. When she got out of her car after taking "my" space, I told her that I was there ahead of her, waiting for the van to exit so I could park my car. Instead of faking a reason or apologizing, she raised her voice, seriously defending her action by adamantly saying, "There is no priority line here; this is not a bank." It almost sounded funny. In retrospect, it was actually hilarious!

I should have said "Sooory, ma'am, I did not know that the parking lot was not a bank, and that courtesy and good manners are practiced only in a bank. How dumb of me."

Well, this just goes to show that good looks are not enough. And I am not describing her, either. I am referring to her CR-V.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also heard a story, dito naman sa isang mall sa metromanila. don't know if its true:

almost the same situation, car X is waiting for car A to come out of a parking slot, when car A is completely out of the slot, car Y suddenly pops out of nowhere and occupied the slot of car A. the driver of car X got out and confronted the driver of car Y. the driver of car Y just said, "in this country, you have to be fast", then he went inside the mall. then when the driver of car Y goes back to his car, he was shot by the driver of car X and was told "in this country, you have to be brave (or have power, to that extent, forgot the exact words)"
    forgot also if the driver of car Y was killed or just seriously wounded.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's normal in any of our shopping malls in manila.. Just be cool and try to find another slot its better than making the problem worst.. I'll been on that situations before even the driver move out his car and gave me back the slot. You will never get a peace of mind while doing shopping, Coz you never know what's on their mind after that. Like what boybi said in the his story...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    happened to us more than once, kaya yun' wife ko bumababa na ng sasakyan para bantayan yun' space para lang wag kami maagaawan.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    The best think there is. i have no idea but if i am the one whose there. id rather grab the parking lot fast. mostly pinoy are too damn lacoste e. its filipino culture though. hehe.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    I think the best way is to be cool and calm ..... just look for another spot. Mahirap na ngayon ..... a lot of wackos out there.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    konting lamig at pasensya. hanap ka na lang ng ibang slot.

tapos balikan mo. buhusan mo ng brake fluid or iflat mo apat na gulong (kung pwede pati yung reserba,flat mo rin). joke joke joke lang.

seriously, tawanan mo na lang at kung hindi sira kaagad araw mo. hindi ka na mag eenjoy niyan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    cool lang ako. marami pa namang parking space sa ibang lugar eh. basta walang kasalanan yung kotse sa actions ng may-ari.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    flat tires are the best solution here. or smashed windshields...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    never happened to me, i-block nyo kasi yun daan hehe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
This is Not a Bank!