New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    North Korea threatens war against U.S. By HANS GREIMEL, Associated Press Writer
    5 minutes ago

North Korea warned on Wednesday that increased U.S. pressure over the regime's reported nuclear test could be considered an act of war, and South Korea suggested it would build up its conventional arsenal to deal with its belligerent neighbor.

North Korea's No. 2 leader threatened to conduct more nuclear tests if the United States continued what he called its "hostile attitude."

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said the United States would not attack North Korea, rejecting a suggestion that Pyongyang may feel it needs nuclear weapons to stave off an Iraq-style U.S. invasion.

In its first formal statement since the test, North Korea said it could respond to U.S. pressure with "physical" measures.

"If the U.S. keeps pestering us and increases pressure, we will regard it as a declaration of war and will take a series of physical corresponding measures," the North's Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency. The statement didn't specify what those measures could be.

Japan planned to impose a total ban on North Korean imports and prohibit its ships from entering Japanese ports, a news report said. The sanctions will also expand restrictions on North Korean nationals entering Japan, the country's public broadcaster NHK said.

The sanctions, which also expand restrictions on North Korean nationals entering Japan, are to be announced following an emergency security meeting headed by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe later Wednesday, according to NHK.

Cabinet spokesman Hiroshi Suzuki confirmed a security meeting was scheduled, but refused to discuss its agenda. He said sanctions, if approved, could take effect immediately.

Along the razor-wired no-man's-land separating the divided Koreas, communist troops on the North's side were more boldly trying to provoke their Southern counterparts: spitting across the demarcation line, making throat-slashing hand gestures, flashing their middle finger and trying to talk to the troops, said U.S. Army Maj. Jose DeVarona of Fayetteville, N.C., adding that the overall situation was calm.

It appeared to be business as usual on the streets of North Korea's capital. Video by AP Television News showed people milling about Kim II Sung square and rehearsing a performance for the 80th anniversary of the "Down with Imperialism Union."

Kim Yong Nam, second to North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, told Japan's Kyodo News agency that further nuclear testing would hinge on U.S. policy toward the communist government.

"The issue of future nuclear tests is linked to U.S. policy toward our country," Kim was quoted as saying when asked whether Pyongyang will conduct more nuclear tests.

"If the United States continues to take a hostile attitude and apply pressure on us in various forms, we will have no choice but to take physical steps to deal with that," Kyodo quoted him as saying.

South Korea's defense minister said that Seoul could enlarge its conventional arsenal to deal with a potentially nuclear-armed North Korea.

"If North Korea really has the (nuclear) capabilities, we will improve and enlarge the number of conventional weapons as long as it doesn't violate the principle of denuclearization," Defense Minister Yoon Kwang-ung told parliament.

"We will supplement (our ability) to conduct precision strikes against storage facilities and intercept delivery means, while also improving the system of having military units and individuals defend themselves," he said.

Scientists and other governments have said Monday's underground test has yet to be confirmed, with some experts saying the blast was significantly smaller than even the first nuclear bombs dropped on Japan during World War II.

North Korea appeared to respond to that Wednesday, saying in its statement that it "successfully conducted an underground nuclear test under secure conditions."

In rare direct criticism of the communist regime from Seoul, South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun said that the security threat cited by North Korea is exaggerated or nonexistent.

"North Korea says the reason it is pursuing nuclear (weapons) is for its security, but the security threat North Korea speaks of either does not exist in reality, or is very exaggerated," Roh said, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency.

He spoke even as South Korea's military was checking its readiness for nuclear attack, Yonhap said. The Joint Chiefs of Staff told Defense Minister Yoon Kwang-ung that the military needed an improved ability to respond to such an attack, including state-of-the-art weapons capable of destroying a nuclear missile, the report said.

Rice said President Bush has told the North Koreans that "there is no intention to invade or attack them. So they have that guarantee. ... I don't know what more they want."

Rice told CNN Tuesday that Bush "never takes any of his options off the table. But is the United States, somehow, in a provocative way, trying to invade North Korea? It's just not the case."

The top U.S. general in South Korea said that American forces are fully capable of deterring an attack from the North despite the communist nation's claim of a nuclear test.

"Be assured that the alliance has the forces necessary to deter aggression, and should deterrence fail, decisively defeat any North Korean attack against" South Korea, U.S. Army Gen. B.B. Bell said in a statement to troops. "U.S. forces have been well trained to confront nuclear, biological and chemical threats."

About 29,500 U.S. troops are deployed in the South, a remnant of the 1950-53 Korean War that ended in a cease-fire that has never been replaced by a peace treaty.

Bell said the seismic waves detected after the claimed test were still being analyzed and that it had not been yet determined if they indicated a successful nuclear test.

A media report that North Korea may have conducted a second nuclear test rattled nerves Wednesday, but the Japanese government said there was no indication that a test had taken place.

NHK reported around 8:30 a.m. that unidentified government sources were saying that "tremors" had been detected in North Korea.

South Korean and U.S. seismic monitoring stations said that they hadn't detected any activity indicating a second test, and White House spokesman Blair Jones said the United States had detected no evidence of additional North Korean testing.

At the United Nations, China agreed to punishment of North Korea but not severe sanctions backed by the U.S., which it said would be too crushing for its impoverished communist ally.

Beijing is seen as having the greatest outside leverage on North Korea as a traditional ally and top provider of badly needed economic and energy aid.

The United States asked the U.N. Security Council to impose a partial trade embargo including strict limits on Korea's weapons exports and freezing of related financial assets.

All imports would be inspected too, to filter materials that could be made into nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

Pyongyang has demanded one-on-one talks with Washington and has threatened to launch a nuclear-tipped missile if the U.S. doesn't comply.

Washington insists on the so-called six-party format, where Russia, China, South Korea and Japan have joined the United States in talking to North Korea.
    :war:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    with lots of powerful nations irked with this weirdo, why dont they just have him assasinated?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Sobrang galit nga eh pero makikipagpustahan ako mga kamag-anak, kapamilya nito nasa U.S.
    Democrat?......

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    :war:
    us, kailangan iwanan nya ang no.korea, para walang giyera.

ang us lang ang nag a-ask ng giyera nito hindi ang no.korea.

ang no.korea nasa neutral position lang cya, at naghihintay
    ng attack mula sa us.

alam ng no.korea na di sila basta-basta mang aattack ng ibang
    neighboor countries nila. kaci alam nila, a-attack sila ng us. limitado
    lang ang mga nukes nila. ang dami yatang nukes ang us. so di ko
    iniisip na mang attack sila ng neighbor nila.

kahit ba naman tayo kung sakaling meron tayong konting nukes, tapos tinetreaten tayo ng china. magiging ganoon din ang kalalabasan natin, we will fight to the death kung te nethreaten tayo ng ibang bansa kahit maliit
    lang ang pilipinas. ganoon lang naman yun eh.

pinepresyur lang nila ang no. korea nyan para i give up nila ung nuke
    programs nila. meron silang karapatan di lang ang us.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    or it can be that the news is just a cover-up.

it could be that a group of rogue Nokor Generals stole a nuclear bomb to sell to the Iranians but got intercepted by a tactical alliance of Nokor loyal troops and US commandos.

naks parang Broken Arrow movie ah hehehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Someone here believes that North Korea has the right to develop and maintain a nuclear arsenal. Why? Is it because a FEW other countries have it?

Let's see.

A nuke is a weapon... a gun is a weapon.

I have a gun. Does this mean everybody has the right to have a gun? Of course not. Obviously, people with criminal records or mental incapacities cannot own or carry a gun. Only responsible citizens may carry a gun.

Does North Korea have a criminal record?

Let us say that we refuse to believe the Western news organizations due to our paranoid nature (of course, conveniently forgetting that the Internet we are using now IS a creature of the West).

Ask the simple question: Who started the Korean war? By the way, this war is still officially ongoing. There is a signed armistice... meaning a temporary cessation of hostilities. There is no peace treaty.

Shall we now construe this to be responsible civic behavior?

Am I therefore, pakialamero if I report to my favorite policeman somebody with a wild & wooly haircut brandishing a gun?

In other words, is the US at fault for urging UN Security Council sanctions on a country, which has initiated and is still at war, for becoming illegally nuclear-capable?

Finally, from a most pragmatic viewpoint. What is there in North Korea that the US would want to pakialam with anyway? In Iraq there is oil. In North Korea there is... what? Groovy-haired dictators is all I can think of.
    Last edited by Flagg; October 12th, 2006 at 03:19 AM. Reason: spellcheck :)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post

Finally, from a most pragmatic viewpoint. What is there in North Korea that the US would want to pakialam with anyway? In Iraq there is oil. In North Korea there is... what? Groovy-haired dictators is all I can think of.

north korea another entrance to hollow earth

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir oldblue, interesting... except centrifugal force would draw everyone in hollow earth to the central sun.

Sa bagay, a hollow mind, like Kim's, would enjoy a hollow earth... :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    tara! yung mga galit sa u.s. libre ko sa hooters. sarap pakpak at DibDib

i think this is the true test to the u.n. body if they will act appropriately this time.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sabi ni bush sa hallow earth: uuummm, nothing down there.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    jokes para ke bush:

Little boy asks for money from God

A little boy wanted $100.00 very badly and prayed for weeks, but nothing happened. Then he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100.00. When the postal authorities received the letter to God, USA, they decided to send it to President Bush.
    The President was so amused that he instructed his secretary to send the little boy a $5.00 bill. The President thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy. The little boy was delighted with the $5.00 bill and sat down to write a thank-you note to God, which read:
    "Dear God: Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I noticed that for some reason you sent it through Washington, D.C., and those assholes deducted $95.00 in taxes."
    -----------------------------------------
    Bush Plans WWIII

A guy walks in and asks the bartender, "Isn't that Bush and Powell sitting over there?" The bartender says, "Yep, that's them." So the guy walks over and says, "Wow, this is a real honor. What are you guys doing in here?"
    Bush says, "We're planning WWIII. And the guy says, "Really? What's going to happen?"

Bush says, "Well, we're going to kill 140 million Iraqis this time and one bicycle repairman."

The guy exclaimed, "A bicycle repairman!!! Why kill a bicycle repairman?"

Bush turns to Powell, punches him on the shoulder and says, "See, dummy! I told you no one would worry about the 140 million Iraqis!"
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The Promised Land Over 5,000 years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."

Nearly 5,000 years later, Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel; this is the Promised Land!"

Now Bush Jr. wants to steal your shovels, kick your asses, raise the price of your Camels, and mortgage the Promised Land.

Bush Jr. wants to change the Republican Party Emblem from an elephant to a condom, because it stands for inflation, protects a bunch of pricks, halts production, and gives a false sense of security while one is being screwed.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    America's Most Intelligent President

There are five passengers on board, but unfortunately only 4 parachutes. The first passenger says "I'm Shaquille O'Neill, the best NBA basketball player. The Lakers need me, it would be unfair to them if I died". So he takes the first parachute and jumps. The second passenger, Hillary Clinton, says "I am the wife of the former President of the United States. I am also the most dedicated woman in the world, a Senator in New York and America's potential future President. She takes one of the parachutes and jumps.

The third passenger, George W. Bush, says " I am the President of the United States of America. I have a huge responsibility in world politics. And apart from that, I am the most intelligent President in the history of the country and I have a responsibility to my people not to die". So he takes a parachute and jumps.

The fourth passenger, the Pope, says to the fifth passenger, a ten year old schoolboy "I am already old. I have already lived my life, as a good person and a priest I will give you the last parachute".

The boy replies "No problem, there is also a parachute for you. America's most intelligent President has taken my schoolbag ..."

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
North Korea Performs Nuclear Test