New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Planning to swap my brand new 6500 for a second-hand N70....worth it ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    6500 Classic Pros
    HSCSD meaning, faster data transmission
    Nice design
    Slimmer and lighter

N70 Pros
    With expansion memory card slot
    Unlimited address book entries. Better if your contacts are more than 2000.

The way i see it, it would depend on your need. Would you be needing a faster data connection? Bigger phone book? Would you be willing to use a 3 year old phone? Would it be ok with you to use a bigger and bulkier phone?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Planning to swap my brand new 6500 for a second-hand N70....worth it ba?
    not really... N70 is old although it's basic technology would lend to some degree of upgrade via software. But some stuff you can't do with software upgrades.

The 6500 classic advantages is it's a quad-band phone with 3G capabilities, basically it's a world phone. As long as your celfone account lets you do international roaming, you'll have no problems in this part.

A few things bad about the 6500 classic though. You can't expand it's 1meg memory, 2mp camera, usb data & charging port. As a music phone, 1 meg seriously isn't enough. 2mp camera should have been at least 3 to 5mps. And the usb port hampers if you want to charge the fone and transfer data at the same time.

Anyway, if you were going to trade the 6500 classic for another phone... it's not for the N70. In the very least, you lose out on the "re-sale" value of the phone.

BTW, what features are you looking in a mobile phone?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks guys! I'm just a basic cellphone user, call & text + internet lang. I just find the 6500's design too girly. It's the size of a regular hershey bar, too slim for comfort. I just think it's too prone for accidental dropping.

Btw, a new option just popped out. Brand new N77 for additional P600.00x24 months. Watyatink? TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks guys! I'm just a basic cellphone user, call & text + internet lang. I just find the 6500's design too girly. It's the size of a regular hershey bar, too slim for comfort. I just think it's too prone for accidental dropping.

Btw, a new option just popped out. Brand new N77 for additional P600.00x24 months. Watyatink? TIA
    P14400 for a N77... keypad is really small, you should give it a try if you'll like it.

And I just paid P15500 for a Nokia 6110 Navigator (card price, 3 months to pay). If I paid cash, I could get it for around P14,700.

The Nokia 6110's main feature is its GPS system. It also has a pretty good music system and memory expandable to 8gig. Using the Symbian S60 3rd edition, you can install more applications, adding more functions & features to this phone. It lacks WiFi but using GPRS/3G, you can still surf the internet. It's relatively big keypad makes it a whole lot easier to type on... similar to the keypad of the N80 (although the N80 is still better).

One note... it's a techie's dream phone. So if you don't like high tech phones, this is not for you. But if you would like a phone that can do a lot, this is a cool alternative to the more expensive N95.

One thing, the 6110 is a slider, so it might not appeal to some people very well. As I have been using a N80 which is also a slider, I kinda like the slider design feature which gives you a large screen area with a wide, easy to use keypad as well.

You can compare spec for spec:

N77: P14,400
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n77-1859.php

6110 Navigator: P15,500 card / P14,700 cash
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6110_navigator-1861.php

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    thanks again GH, the info helped a lot.

but it has now come down to whether or not i should take the N77? tia again

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks again GH, the info helped a lot.

but it has now come down to whether or not i should take the N77? tia again
    personally, only YOU can answer that. But take your time about it. Don't let anyone pressure you into buying somethnig you have doubts about.

Go to the Nokia stores and look for the demo unit and play with it, especially with the keypad, etc if it would fit well into your hand. Like I said, some fones have keypads too small or ackward to use properly.

Nokia 6500 classic for N70