New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Mega Speed Week: Megastructures: Autobahn

The German Autobahn… renowned for precise engineering and infamous for unlimited speeds. Roughly half of the Autobahn system has no speed limit and the average speed is about 80 mph… but at any time, those that can… do. About ten per cent or so are going 100 mph and up. The Autobahn is nearly 7,300 miles in length, which is enough to cross the United States twice… All packed into an area roughly the size of Montana! MEGASTRUCTURES: AUTOBAHN profiles what it takes to build, operate, maintain and drive the world's ultimate super highway.

Ang galing nito. The world's fastest, safest and smartest highway. It's literally filled with technology. How I wish the Philippines would have something like this. The e-pass is like a dinosaur compared to the tech on the autobahn.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this week yan ah. anong araw and what time?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napanood ko na yan. re-run na lang yata yan. oks yung girl na student driver pa lang tumakbo na ng 200kph , shempre with driving instructor na kasama. meron din yung isang auto enthusiast na nag-custom design ng kotse nya para tumakbo sa autobahn. maximum speed daw nya is 400 kph, kaya lang hanggang 380 lang yata allowed speed sa autobahn.
    grabe din yung mga sampol ng mga car accidents, meron din motorcycle na naaksidente... shempre... 100% na derecho sila ng sementeryo.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    200 km/h is nothing if you've got a smooth road, stable car and lots of space. Which means, she doesn't have a chance in hell of doing it here... except on the NLEX... when there are no trucks around, that is.

Heck, the grizzled old-timers have tales of when 200 km/h on EDSA was a cake-walk. Nowadays, 100 km/h is likely to get you in trouble on the same road, and anything over 40 km/h will permanently damage your tires...

There is no maximum speed limit on certain portions of the autobahn. If you really want to, you can hit 400 km/h, but these portions aren't as long as they used to be, and are increasingly hemmed in by speed-limited portions. Perhaps what he meant is, there's no opportunity or space to go 400 km/h anymore...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...i believe alain ruf (RUF porsches) was featured there.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    and anything over 40 km/h will permanently damage your tires...
    tumatakbo ako sati sa s-lex ng 60 kph ng bigla ako nalubak pag tigil ko sa gasolinahan may bukol na ung front and rear tire ko sa right side!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    autobahn autoroute and lots of highways sa europe are interconnected... we dont need those because maliit lang ang country natin and islands tayo not a big continent...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    autobahn autoroute and lots of highways sa europe are interconnected... we dont need those because maliit lang ang country natin and islands tayo not a big continent...
    Must be weird driving there because German cars are left hand drive and uses the right lane. France is right next to Germany and their cars are right hand drive and use the left lane.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Must be weird driving there because German cars are left hand drive and uses the right lane. France is right next to Germany and their cars are right hand drive and use the left lane.
    all countries in europe including germany and france (except UK, which is a separate group of island like philippines) are using LHD cars and are driving at the right lanes.

i was in germany last july with my colleague. i voluntered to drive because he is an english guy who is not familiar LHD cars but refused to give way and he did the driving for the reason that most motorways in germany have no speed limit (not like here in uk) and he was eager to drive fast.

i agree with niky that 200kph is nothing if the roads are very nice like here in uk or germany. uk's motorway regulation is 70mph (112kph) official speed limit but motoway police allow as much as 100mph (160kph). if the driver is caught driving faster than 100mph, he'll be automatically banned for 4(?) years. that's why i could only drive as fast as 95mph here even if the roads are wide and the car has still the power to run faster.
    Last edited by explorer; August 27th, 2006 at 04:46 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    Ang galing nito. The world's fastest, safest and smartest highway.
    i agree with the fastest but not on the safest and the smartest if i compare it with UK's motorways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
NGC: Mega Speed Week: Autobahn