New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/213479/m...-1-celebration

[SIZE="4"]MMDA bares alternate routes for EDSA-1 celebration[/SIZE]
    02/20/2011 | 10:24 AM

Alternate routes for motorists traveling along EDSA (Epifanio de los Santos Avenue) will be available during the 25th anniversary celebration of the 1986 People Power Revolution, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Sunday.

The MMDA said in an advisory that parts of the 24-kilometer highway will be closed to traffic for the celebration.

"Closure starts from the Service Road along EDSA after Ortigas Avenue northbound. Two lanes from EDSA-Ortigas flyover (are) still passable up to Aguinaldo Gate. Motorists are advised to take alternate routes on 24 February 2011," it said.

The MMDA said the portion from Ortigas Avenue to Santolan (northbound) will be partially closed from 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m., and totally closed from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.

The portion will be partially closed again at 9 a.m. onwards, with the two inner lanes passable.

Motorists can take an alternate route from EDSA northbound lane:

* Right to McKinley Road to C5 to destination.

* Right at Kalayaan Avenue to C5 to destination.

* Take Rockwell flyover, left to Estrella, and use Estrella/Pantaleon Bridge, which is now open to traffic.

* Right at J.P. Rizal Avenue to C5 to destination.

* Right at Pioneer Street to C5 to destination.

* Right at Shaw Boulevard to C5 to destination.

* Right at J. Vargas Avenue to C5 to destination.

Along Ortigas Avenue, alternate routes include:

* Left turning traffic from Greenhills to EDSA must go straight along Ortigas Avenue to destination.

* Right turning traffic from Meralco Avenue must go straight to Greenhills to destination. — JE/VS, GMA News

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the detour list, its 200% sure that C5 will be clogged full of people taking detours.

BTW, tama ba yung date sa article? Feb 24 and not Feb 25 ba yung EDSA-1 celebration?

If I am right, the article writer made a mistake posting Feb 24... I think it should have been Feb 25 (Friday).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think so too, bro.

Feb25 walang pasok ang mga bata sa eskwela....

12.3K:outcold:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I think so too, bro.

Feb25 walang pasok ang mga bata sa eskwela....

12.3K:outcold:
    Labo... So if there's no school on the 25th, why not hold it on the 25th instead to take advantage of lesser traffic???

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

NEWS: "MMDA bares alternate routes for EDSA-1 celebration"