New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...ddlyEnoughNews

[SIZE="5"]Man pushes would-be suicide off bridge[/SIZE]

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese man was pushed off a bridge by an angry passer-by after his threat to commit suicide held up traffic for five hours, Chinese media reported on Saturday.

Retired soldier Lian Jiansheng, 66, broke through a police cordon and reached out to shake the hand of would-be jumper Chen Fuchao before shoving him off the bridge.

"I pushed him off because jumpers like Chen are very selfish. Their action violates a lot of public interests," Lai was quoted as saying by the China Daily newspaper.

"They do not really dare to kill themselves. Instead, they just want to raise the relevant government authorities' attention to their appeals."

Chen, 2 million yuan ($293,200) in debt because of a failed building project, fell 8 metres (yards) onto a partially inflated emergency air cushion and was hospitalized with wrist and back injuries. Lai was detained by police.

Chen was at least the twelfth person since early April to threaten suicide at the same spot, the Haizhu bridge in Guangzhou. But none jumped and -- until Lian gave Chen a helping hand -- none was pushed.
    I wish they do the same thing for those billboard climbers.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    This just made me switch mood.
    - from suspense thriller to comedy flick :rofl:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ayos to. tinulak para tapos agad ang kaguluhan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sabi nga ni Fuchao sa ospital........

" Wakangaaaaah! Sino akyen tulak ah? Ako bilo lang!.....Sino tulak ah?"
    Last edited by chua_riwap; May 26th, 2009 at 05:27 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This kinda reminds me of the Lethal Weapon movie where "Riggs" went up to a guy on the ledge of a building, went "psycho" and forced him to jump off the building into the waiting airbag on the ground.

Could it be the guy watched the same movie?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    This kinda reminds me of the Lethal Weapon movie where "Riggs" went up to a guy on the ledge of a building, went "psycho" and forced him to jump off the building into the waiting airbag on the ground.

Oo nga no

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    parang Golden Gate bridge pala yang Haizhu bridge kasi marami ring nagpapakamatay.

8. Join Date
    May 2006

Hehe naalala ko to...Do you really wanna jump? do you wanna, then thats fine with me...sabay hatak

9. Join Date
    May 2006

Could be except that he didn't jump with the guy :hihihi:

I remember that scene: "Do you really wanna jump?! Well that's fine with me...let's jump."

Mel handcuffs the guy to his wrist and jumps into the waiting police airbag

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Baka nauna pa ang atake sa puso sa pagpatay sa would-be suicider....

8000:borg1:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
NEWS: Man pushes would-be suicide off bridge