New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Newborn Chinese baby is rescued ALIVE from toilet pipe after being flushed away by parents

Firefighters in eastern China have rescued an abandoned newborn baby boy lodged in a sewage pipe.

The infant was stuck in a pipe directly beneath a toilet commode, state television reported, in a case which has sparked anger on social media sites.

There are frequent reports in Chinese media of babies being abandoned, often shortly after birth.

The problem is attributed variously to young mothers unaware they were pregnant, the birth of an unwanted girl in a society which puts greater value on boys or China's strict family planning rules.

more....
    Chinese baby is rescued ALIVE from toilet pipe after being flushed away by parents | Mail Online

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Nakaka High Blood yang ganyang balita :headache: :fire: :boo:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Nakaka High Blood yang ganyang balita :headache: :fire: :boo:
    Yep. My thoughts exactly. E kung i-flush din kaya natin yung mga magulang anong pakiramdam nila?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Yep. My thoughts exactly. E kung i-flush din kaya natin yung mga magulang anong pakiramdam nila?
    hindi kakasya sa CR yung magulang nyan.
    dapat dyan ilaglag sa balon...
    sabay sigaw ng "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!"

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung toilet ata nila is hole in the floor, not your common toilet...it's being determinedif it was really accidental.

BBC News - Chinese baby 'fell into sewage pipe accidentally'

The Chinese baby that was rescued from a sewage pipe fell in accidentally, the baby's mother has said.

The mother, who has not been named, reportedly told police she unexpectedly gave birth on the toilet and that the baby slipped in to the sewer.

She is reported to have raised the initial alarm, despite not admitting it was her baby until later.

The baby is currently recovering in hospital after being cut free from the pipe in Jinhua city on Saturday.

China's Zhezhong News reported that the 22-year old mother told police she could not afford an abortion. She was unmarried and kept her pregnancy secret, police told AFP news agency.

She said she tried to catch the baby after unexpectedly giving birth, but that he slipped into the sewer. She then alerted her landlord, according to state news agency Xinhua.

The mother did not think she could afford to look after the baby, so she did not tell anyone that the baby was hers, reports Xinhua. She went to work after he had been rescued and only admitted the baby was hers when confronted by police later.

Police are continuing to investigate whether the incident was an accident or the result of a deliberate act, reports Xinhua.

Nappies donated
    The infant was named Baby No 59 - after the number of his hospital incubator.

He was found inside a pipe just 10cm (4 in) in diameter, the China Daily newspaper said.

He suffered some minor abrasions on his head and limbs, but is said to be recovering well.

A number of visitors came to the hospital with contributions of nappies, baby clothes and powdered milk.

Wu Xinhong, the head of the Pujiang People's Hospital, told AFP that the baby's condition was "good" and that he was ready to be released.

The case has generated condemnation on weibo, China's version of Twitter, with accusations that the baby had been deliberately dumped.

Chinese media regularly report cases of babies born outside marriage being abandoned, or female newborns abandoned because of a traditional preference for sons.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

yan ung naka squat ka habang umeebak.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's actually entirely possible that she accidentally dropped the baby in.

We had one case waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... *breathe*... aaaaaay back in the 80's where a woman here in the Philippines gave birth in the toilet. Luckily for her, the umbilical stayed attached so the baby didn't suffer from the dunking.

-

Lucky baby. And if the mother really wanted to kill or abandon the baby, she wouldn't have told the landlord.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i hear one of the rescuers dropped off some baby formula for the baby some days after the rescue. Nice gesture, but i hope they dropped off *imported* baby formula.

In fairness, marami rin namang cases ng abandoned fetuses/babies dito sa atin, or in other countries for that matter. Does it really make a difference if they were dumped in a toilet, garbage heap, etc?

What i don't get is, if they wanted the baby to live, why not leave the baby in a church (since they're soooo much against the RH bill) or adoption center? Or if they wanted the baby to die, why dump the baby in a toilet/garbage heap/etc.? Why not just get an abortion, or euthanise the baby? Why humiliate it, let it suffer?

i have doubts whether it was an accident. iirc they had to find the mother after the baby was rescued -- why wasn't she there during the rescue, or when they were pyring the baby out of the tube? And i doubt the baby would have fallen so straight into the pipe without its arm/leg getting snagged on the floor.

Maybe she had a change of heart after the fact.
    Last edited by badkuk; June 5th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.