New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    stumbled upon this in one of the forums in the net.

people there were arguing on the best ECE school.

this post tops it all. wanna share it with you.

but first of all, i dont mean to degrade any of the schools mentioned here.

and second, i apologize in advance to those who will be offended.

peace! :D

----------

Alam nyo mga UP bois, mukang hindi ata talaga kayong marunong mag-isip no!!???

If according to board exam result “statistics”, kung 50% ba ang passing percentage namin, tapos kayo eh mga nasa 96%, ibig bang sabihin nun na masmagagaling na kayo!!!???

Ang 50% passing percentage with almost 300 examinees ay hindi nakakahiya kung ikukumpara sa 96% passing percentage with a shameful of 25 examinees ONLY!!!

Why??? It is simply because that 50% of 300 is greater than 96% of 25… Siguro naman naniniwala kayo dun no!!???...

And one more thing, mga UP bois, alam nyo ba na kung lalaliman nyo lang ang pag-iisip nyo, “makikita nyo na masmataas ang passing percentage namin kaysa sa inyo???”….

Hindi nyo magets kung bakit no??? Tsk tsk tsk… Okay ganito kasi yun…

Para ikumpara nating mabuti ang performance ng Mapua at UP, siguro dapat eh gawin nating “equal” ang number of examinees ng dalawang eskwelahan…

Ipapakita ko sa inyo na “Mapua has a higher passing percentage than UP”….

I have 2 cases to explain this:

This is the first case…

For example, let’s hold the 25 examinees of UP, then let’s decrease the number of examinees of Mapua from 300 down to 25 examinees to make it equal with UP’s… The question is “sino sa dalawang eskwelahan ngayon ang masmataas ang passing percentage???”….

According to the board exam result “statistics”, out of 25 examinees, UP can pass 24 examinees, so there passing percentage is 96%…… However, in the case of Mapua, since 150 examinees ang kaya nitong ipasa, that means na kayang-kaya nitong ipasa ang 25 examinees only, so their passing percentage is 100%….

CONCLUSION in 1st case: If both schools have 25 total examinees, and UP has 96% passing percentage and Mapua has 100%, then Mapua wins!!!

Eto naman ang 2nd case:

Kung yung 300 examinees ng Mapua naman ang ihohold natin, at yung number of examinees naman ng UP ang gagawin nating 300 to make it equal with Mapua’s, “sino na ngayon ang masmataas ang passing percentage???”

According to the board exam result “statistics”, out of 300 examinees of Mapua, there were 150 passers, so Mapua’s passing percentage is 50%..... In the case of UP, since out of 25 examinees, 24 passed the board exam, there is one examinee who didn’t pass the exam. So this means that increasing further their number of examinees above 25 will only result into a shameful passing percentage!!!….. THIS IS ALREADY THEIR LIMIT!!!!....... This means that kung gagayahin nila ang 300 examinees ng Mapua, at 24 passers lang ang kaya nila, then ang passing percentage nila ngayon ay isang kahiya-hiyang 8%!!!!!!

CONCLUSION in 2nd case: If both schools have 300 total examinees, and UP has 8% passing percentage and Mapua has 50%, then Mapua wins!!!

OVERALL CONCLUSION: If Mapua wins in both cases, then we can say that Mapua has a HIGHER passing percentage than UP!!!

So ano na ngayon ang masasabi nyo mga UP???... Ano na ngayon ang depensa nyo ha!!???.... Kung may sasabihin kayo, sana naman wag puro REACTIONS!!! Napapansin ko kasi sa mga posts nyo eh halos lahat ay reactions lang pero walang explanations!!!..... Matuto naman kayong mangatwiran ha!! Wag puro REACTIONS!!! We want the logic!!!

-----------

:D

new way of interpreting percentages!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang bobo naman sa Math ng gumawa ng calculation na yan. Kawawang mga magulang, napunta sa wala ang binayad sa matrikula. hehehe.

Mapua (at least the present one) will never beat UP because it's just a business entity while UP is a globally respected University.

no offense to mapuans.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    omg.

my dad was a mapuan (and active alumni). so is my brother. both have the same gripe: all good teachers are leaving the school because of problems with the new management (style).

sayang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kalokohan lang iyang pataasan ng ihi na iyan. Ang importante nakapasa ka. Ano pa ang use kung nasa 96% passing rate school ka kung kasama ka naman sa 4% na hindi pumasa? :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if you review the thread really well, the poster is actually from Mapua CE. lol

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Kalokohan lang iyang pataasan ng ihi na iyan. Ang importante nakapasa ka. Ano pa ang use kung nasa 96% passing rate school ka kung kasama ka naman sa 4% na hindi pumasa? :lol:
    sikat ka kasi ikaw yung one of the few. LOL sa katotohanan, mas ok ang Electrical Engineering sa UP.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    if you review the thread really well, the poster is actually from Mapua CE. lol

sikat ka kasi ikaw yung one of the few. LOL sa katotohanan, mas ok ang Electrical Engineering sa UP.

taga UP-EE ka no?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    taga UP-EE ka no?
    ece po. lol sabi nung prof ko lang na ee. hahaha

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    High percentages in exams doesn't mean a person or school is "real" good.

It's just one the the measures, but it's better than none at all. Schools and graduates tend to capitalize on this to get better oppurtunities.

It's not a guarantee to success, however it does improve the chances...or percentages of success.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    During my time, the best ECE schools were UST, DLSU, and Mapua.

UP and AdMU ECE programs are relatively new.

Historically, several UP EE professors were against the ECE law back in the 70s. Their reason was that ECE should fall under the EE specialization program, and not a separate BS degree.

Time has change, and UP finally opened up an ECE program in the 90s.

If I were to choose an ECE school today, I go to a school declared by ChED as a "Center of Excellence".

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    During my time, the best ECE schools were UST, DLSU, and Mapua.
    Iyan ang mga naglalaban sa finals ng Inter-School ECE Quiz Contest,- including SLU of Baguio. Mayroon pa ba nito?

Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    If I were to choose an ECE school today, I go to a school declared by ChED as a "Center of Excellence".
    Oooppsss.... kilala ko iyan....

3404:surfing:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
new way of interpreting board exam passing percentages :D