New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hello, my officemate received a strange call yesterday. a woman named Cherry called her house tel. asking for donation. She said she is from office of Antonio Abeho (who is this guy btw?), and they are raising fund for poor children to get proper education. there will be a fund raising dinner at national press club in intramuros at 7pm, sept 1...

and she asked my officemate to sponsor 3 tickets worth 3k each! in exchange, she will ask messenger to send business card of Antonio to her house, which might be "useful" in case of emergency, esp. for immigration concerns .

she said she got the contact number and name of my officemate with the help of city hall/municipality... and her tel no is 7352196. when my officemate called that number, it's always busy.

anyone has idea about this? my common sense tells me it's some kind of swindle...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sounds fishy to me...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    smells like a SCAM.

legitimate foundations/charities do not call around asking for cash. usually for fund raising they do advocacy campaigns and/or events.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka sinisiraan yun abeho. hindi ba sya yun ni-name drop ng mga driver ng mga san miguel trucks during rush-hours para makalusot sa traffic

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    smells like a SCAM.

legitimate foundations/charities do not call around asking for cash. usually for fund raising they do advocacy campaigns and/or events.
    im not sure about this but my wife took her OJT with red cross and she was asked sometimes to meet with businessmen to ask for donations. Im not sure if it was just a follow up though. I remember this guy, not sure about his name though.... sounds like benedict go but not sure, anyway my wife told me that the guy is the owner of xenon bulbs ba? im really not sure pero ang alam ko may shop siya about cars and nandun siya sa auto extreme.... anyway, it seemed that the guy is not interested and did not gave any donations to the said institution.....

I am not an advocate of red cross pero i used to pickup my gf (my wife now) at the red cross office sa may pier and I do see that they lack resources kahit office staff since they cannot afford to pay that much to employees... pero if you intend to donate something to charity, pls try to reach them....

about the caller huangyenhao had. i think it is a scam. if they really are legit, they would not use that guy's name, instead, they would use the name of the institution itself IMO

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    smells more like a scam ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is definitely a scam.... i highly recommend na ipa-blotter mo yun... at least meron record sa police.

New Modus operandi ??