New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I have a new maid hired this month. i didnt know her background until today. when i hired her from agency, she only told me she is a single mom with two kids living with her parents in province.
    today she told me her younger daughter is not living with her parents in province, but living with her former boss in QC now.
    and what's more astonishing is they are involved with child molesting case now. my maid is waiting for decision of police/court? which means the case is almost over.

well, she is asking me if she can take a one-week leave, to bring her daughter back to province. besides, she wants to borrow some money - salary advance.

I think i need to talk to the agency owner first. kasi sabi ng maid ko she stayed two months in the agency while processing the case. so alam na ng agency what happened. but still they recommend the maid to me. im thinking whether the replaced one will be better and trouble free...

i also asked the maid if she can stay for sometime first - til July - this is what my husband suggested. she said it is ok. im pregnant and about to deliver soon (maybe in few days na lang). by July, if her performance is as good as now, and proven what she said is true, my husband and me will help her go back then.

do you think that's a good decision? should i lend her some money and let her bring her daughter back, or should i ask the agency to replace the maid with new one. honestly speaking she does cleaning job very well.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    call the agency and request for a replacement....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to talk to her more about her problem in this case you will figure out is he is really telling the truth ir just a gimik.. Minsan mahirap talaga mag tiwala sa tao pero minsan naman nakaka pag sisi pag hindi mo natulungan ang mga taong talagang may problema. Bakit hindi mo nalang i hired muna yung anak nya for a few months para magkasama sila then by July saka mo pauwiin sa province nila suggestion lang po

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    the maid is 30, the daughter is 5 eh...sigh...

sabi nya her former boss is willing to take care of her daughter now, but she is afraid what happened will happen again. and ... i guess there is hidden story between she and her former boss. or else why would someone take care of his/her maid's daughter... when she worked there before, she got no salary but allowance when its necessary, her boss then spent money on her daughter. now she is no longer with them, kaya gusto na nya iuwi yon bata sa probincya...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukha nga may malalim sa reason kaya ganon..kung hindi naman nakaka istorbo sayo ang 5year old kid hayaan mo muna dyan until July at maka recover ka after your delivery... siguro naman habang andyan ang anak nya you can observed kung pwede pa sila mag stay until July..or kung ayaw mo ng sakit ng ulo ask for replacement nalang sa Agency..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    my mom-in-law also asked me replace her nalang. well, by that time meron na rin cya salary for transportation. and that will help her a bit. but if she doesnt borrow money from me, should i let her come back if she asks?

i havent talked to the agency owner... my husband wants to see her documents about the case. but i dont know if knowing that much will be better/WORSE for us.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    call the agency and request for a replacement....
    Do this. Don't lend her money. Hindi na babalik yan. She lied to you the first time. Don't be naive and be wise.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    IMO spare yourself the additional stress and just get a new replacement from the agency. Especially now that you're expecting a new baby soon-- one more headache is the last thing you'll need.

Wag kang manghinayang kung magaling syang maglinis-- magaling ngang maglinis maya't maya naman absent dahil inaasikaso yung problema nya or nanghihingi ng cash advance. Madami pang magaling maglinis dyan na hindi ka bibigyan ng sakit ng ulo. And kahit lumabas na yung court decision na hinihintay nya there's no assurance that her problems will end. Don't let her problems add up to your own worries.

Bigyan mo na lang siguro ng konting pabaon kung naaawa ka sa kanya and then move on.

My two cents...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    style nya yan.

After working for u, she's gonna go work for someone else.

and she will tell her story. and borrow money. and she'll disappear.

And go work for someone else again. and tell her story again....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Napanood ko na yan. Gasgas na gimik pero kumikita pa rin. Modus operandi ng mga maid yan specially those coming from agencies. Palipat lipat lang yan ng employer with their sad stories. Ang dami ko ng nakitang cases na ganyan.

If you're not comfortable replace her immediately.
    Meantime, may I suggest you secure all your valuables ( specially those na madaling bitbitin ). ??? Gut feel lang po.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New helper asking for help