New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Heath Ledger (Brokeback Mountain) to take on role of criminal mastermind

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Batman is heading into a sequel, titled "The Dark Knight," and he will face off against the Joker, this time played by Heath Ledger.

Christian Bale, the star of last year's "Batman Begins," will reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Christopher Nolan is returning to the directing chair.

Ledger, Oscar-nominated this year for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," resurrects a murderous role memorably played in 1989 by Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton's "Batman."

"Batman Begins" was a critical and commercial hit, and relaunched the Warner Bros. franchise.

Ayyyhh...baka ma-brokebackin si Bruce Wayne...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    holy kinky brokebackbatman! :lol:

i wanna see the bat-tank uli. hehehe!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    brokeback joker

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not a bad choice. Not as inspired a casting as Nicholson as Joker or Alfred Molina as Doc Ock, but not bad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Heath Ledger is a great actor. magaling din siya dun sa Four Feathers.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The only problem with Jack Nicholson's Joker was that it upstaged Michael Keaton's title character in the 1989 version, a bit over the top. Sana yung kay Heath Ledger, mas balanse ang portrayal.

Maganda din if they could adapt the Joker's backstory from the one in "The Killing Joke." Medyo tragic ang circumstances niya dun kaya siya nasiraan ng bait.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 2nd, 2006 at 02:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    well he did get more in talent fee than what Michael Keaton got...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    The only problem with Jack Nicholson's Joker was that it upstaged Michael Keaton's title character in the 1989 version, a bit over the top. Sana yung kay Heath Ledger, mas balanse ang portrayal.

Maganda din if they could adapt the Joker's backstory from the one in "The Killing Joke." Medyo tragic ang circumstances niya dun kaya siya nasiraan ng bait.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i can't picture heath ledger as joker with the face paint on and a maniacal grin. cguro si 2-face pwede pa. oh well..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    i'm not so much concerned on who plays joker as long as he plays the character well .. joker is after all, batman's arch nemesis .. character development of the villain is just as important .. i'm still stuck with the image cesar romero playing joker in the 60's .. i'm curious as how'd ledger would look like .. OT: the killing joke is one of the best batman stories out there ..

New 'Batman' names its Joker