New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my sister gave me a big bar of nestle crunch, galing sa dutyfree... nung kinain ko iba lasa nya... mas masarap parang may coffee flavor at hindi gaanong matamis... so naghanap ako sa ref nung mga nabili kosa grocery na small bars... iba talaga... sobrang tamis yung sa grocery nabili...

kahit pala imported brands dinadaya pagdito na ibebenta

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I don't think it's "dinaya" as much as it's either a variation in manufacturing or a slightly different recipe for a different market. Only the McDo's here have the sweet spaghetti, after all.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    IIRC somebody told us that they adapt the formula depending on the region's taste/ preference.
    Mas masarap yung Kit Kat ng Canada/ America than the Australian-made ones sold here hehe less tamis

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    yan din ang observation ng wife ko. She does not want the crunh available at our local groceries kasi daw iba ang lasa compared sa crunch with the blue foil.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    meron ngang ganung crunch na parang may halong coffee. tanungin ko nga sis ko kung saan sha nakahanap nun.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sometimes, nasa pag-ship din.

But yes, products are tailored to the region/market being sold in.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ang alam ko pinakamalasa na nestle crunch galing sa mideast. mas oks pa kaysa US

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    my sister gave me a big bar of nestle crunch, galing sa dutyfree... nung kinain ko iba lasa nya... mas masarap parang may coffee flavor at hindi gaanong matamis... so naghanap ako sa ref nung mga nabili kosa grocery na small bars... iba talaga... sobrang tamis yung sa grocery nabili...

kahit pala imported brands dinadaya pagdito na ibebenta

The Crunch (regular size) that can be bought at the grocery is already made in Brazil. I also noticed that the rice crispies in this one are smaller. I think the one you tasted is US-made, and I myself like that one better. AFAIK, the King Crunch is still from the States as well.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by milky View Post
    IIRC somebody told us that they adapt the formula depending on the region's taste/ preference.
    Mas masarap yung Kit Kat ng Canada/ America than the Australian-made ones sold here hehe less tamis
    That's right. That was Nestle's strategy of capuring a specific market/region. For every market, iba ang timpla ng mga products nila (most of them). Let's say Kit-Kat, iba ang lasa nito sa ASEAN against Japanese, US and English markets. They do this to adapt to the consumers' specific taste while maintaining brand awareness and loyalty.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its the same with other products like Pringles. The one's normally marketed locally are saltier as compared to the ones available in the USA and Europe. Thats why when I buy Pringles, I check if its the asian version or US version.

Asian version of Pringles usually have Thailand writing as part of its label while US have spanish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
nestle crunch different taste